The 2021 WWE Extreme Rules pay-per-view took place on September 26, 2021, from the Nationwide Arena in Columbus, Ohio.
This is our official page for the event, featuring the current card, rumored matches and 2021 WWE Extreme Rules related news at the bottom of the page. Check back this page often for future updates.
DATE: September 26, 2021 (7pm ET – 1am CET)
LOCATION: ationwide Arena in Columbus, Ohio
- Liv Morgan def. Carmella during the Kickoff Show
- The New Day (WWE Champion Big E, Kofi Kingston, and Xavier Woods) def. AJ Styles, Omos, and Bobby Lashley
- The Usos (Jimmy and Jey Uso) def. The Street Profits (Montez Ford and Angelo Dawkins) to retain the SmackDown Tag Team Championship
- Charlotte Flair def. Alexa Bliss to retain the Raw Women’s Championship
- Damian Priest def. Jeff Hardy and Sheamus in a Triple Threat Match to retain the WWE United States Championship
- Bianca Belair def. Becky Lynch via DQ; Becky Lynch retains the SmackDown Women’s Championship
- Roman Reigns def. “The Demon” Finn Bálor in an Extreme Rules match to retain the WWE Universal Championship
WWE Extreme Rules History
The event name was established in 2009; however, its theme began with its predecessor, One Night Stand, which was promoted in 2005 and 2006 as an Extreme Championship Wrestling reunion show. In 2007, WWE promoted the show as one of its own regular pay-per-view events but kept the concept of hardcore-based matches. In 2009, WWE renamed the One Night Stand event to Extreme Rules. The 2009 Extreme Rules event was noted by WWE to be a direct continuation of the One Night Stand chronology. However, the 2010 event was later promoted as only the second event under a new chronology, one that is no longer a direct continuation of the One Night Stand events. The term “extreme rules” was originally used by Extreme Championship Wrestling (ECW) to describe the regulations for all of its matches; WWE adopted the term and has since used it in place of “hardcore match” or “hardcore rules”
The 2009 Extreme Rules pay-per-view was the inaugural event of a now annual gimmick pay-per-view for WWE. It was held on June 7, 2009, at the New Orleans Arena in New Orleans, Louisiana. To coincide with the brand extension, in which the roster was divided into brands where wrestlers exclusively performed, the inaugural event featured wrestlers from the Raw, SmackDown, and ECW brands—it was the only to feature ECW as the brand disbanded in February 2010. The 2010 event then introduced the titular Extreme Rules match.
Latest Extreme Rules NewsView All
Since 2001, WrestlingAttitude is your number one source for WWE wrestling news, rumors and results. Make sure to follow us on social media to get the latest news in real time! We are facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram at the following links:
WA on Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/wrestlingattitude/
WA on Facebook (Women’s Wrestling) – https://www.facebook.com/WrestlingDivas/
WA on Twitter – https://twitter.com/wa_wrestling
WA on Instagram (Women’s Wrestling) – https://www.instagram.com/wa_wrestlingattitude/
WA on Pinterest – http://www.pinterest.com/realbadrose/wrestling/