NXT Results (2/21) – Booker T and Vic Joseph welcome us to the show. We are sent to the ring where Trick Williams says he will prove that he can do more than talk and that he can back up whatever he says.
He tells Dragunov to come out but he will beat him into oblivion. He says he is glad that Dragunov likes pain because he will be on cloud nine.
Trick Williams vs. Ilja Dragunov
Trick punches Ilja in the head before the bell rings.
The match starts and Dragunov with a take down and head lock. Trick gets to the ropes and Ilja kicks Trick. Trick runs Ilja into the corner and the referee pulls Trick out of the corner. Ilja with chops and a side head lock. Ilja with a side head lock take down. Trick with a side head lock but Ilja with a hip lock take down into a side head lock. Trick with forearms and Ilja with a shoulder and a hip lock take down into a side head lock. Trick with a punch and slam. Ilja kicks Trick and connects with a chop. Ilja with a knee in the corner and he gets a near fall. Ilja with a kick and chops against the ropes. Trick with punches and Ilja with a chop. Ilja with an Irish whip and a knee in the corner. Ilja sends Trick to the mat.
Ilja goes to the turnbuckles and Trick kicks Ilja off the turnbuckles. Ilja with an elbow and kick to the hip. Ilja with a forearm to the back of the head. Ilja with a forearm to the back of the head. Ilja with an Irish whip and a clothesline into the corner. Ilja sends Trick to the mat. Ilja goes to the turnbuckles and Trick kicks Ilja in the leg again. Ilja with forearms from the turnbuckles. Trick knocks Ilja off the turnbuckles to the floor and Ilja hits the apron on his way down.
JD McDonagh comes out and his eye is not covered.
Trick sends Ilja into the ring and gets a near fall. Ilja escapes a slam attempt and connects with a knee. Trick with kicks to Ilja and he catapults him into the bottom rope. Trick with chops and he sends Ilja into the turnbuckles. Trick with chops and punches. Ilja blocks a suplex from Trick and Trick with a hard Irish whip. Trick kicks Ilja and gives him another hard Irish whip. Trick punches Ilja and Ilja holds his neck and the referee checks on him. Trick with a pop up uppercut for a near fall.
JD has joined commentary.
Trick with a cravate. Ilja with a waist lock and Trick with elbows to the back of the head and a waist lock. Ilja with a back leobw. Ilja with a Konstantin Special. Ilja with chops. Ilja with forearms and Trick goes down. Trick kicks Ilja in the leg and Trick with punches. Ilja with an enzuigiri and both men are down. Ilja with a running knee into the corner and he goes to the turnbuckles. Ilja with a knee drop off the turnbuckles. Ilja with a waist lock and he goes for a dead lift German suplex but Trick with a snap mare and kick. Trick with a neck breaker for a near fall. Trick misses the cyclone kick and Ilja with a power bomb for a near fall. Ilja with a forearm to Trick. Ilja with a waist lock and Trick powers out of the hold.
Ilja with a wrist clutch German suplex. Ilja sets for Torpedo Moscow and hits it for the three count.
Winner: Ilja Dragunov
After the match, JD and Ilja stare each other down.
– Jinder Mahal says he could have confronted Bron on his first night but he decided to wait. The boos for Bron are getting louder and he is getting weaker. Look at what happened last year when this happened. We see Dolph beating Bron for the title. Jinder says this is his time. There were shocked faces when he won the US Title and the WWE Title. He says he has made a career out of shocking victories when he becomes the new NXT Champion.
– Fallon is in the locker room leaving a message for Brooks apologizing for last week. Josh says that Brooks will need time and he is sure that Brooks knows about the text messages. Fallon wants to know why Kiana didn’t bring up that it was her brother. Josh tells Fallon that she was wrong and she asks what about her tag team partner.
We go to commercial.
– We are back with a Meiko Satomura training session at the Performance Center. Roxanne stops by and asks if she can join the class. As they do more things, more people fall by the wayside. It is down to only Roxanne by the time we get to the 1,000 squats. Meiko asks Roxanne where is she going because that was just the warm up. It is time to begin.
– We go back to the ring and out comes Tyler Bate to a pop.
Bate takes the mic and thanks everyone for their support on his journey, no matter who it’s been against. He says some things are meant to be, some happen for a reason, but he believes in timing and the natural unfolding of things… but he and the fans of NXT are about to embark on a mystical journey together, and let me tell you this… the music interrupts and out comes The Schism – Joe Gacy, Ava, Rip Fowler and Jagger Reid.
Gacy says they were preparing for The Dyad’s match when they heard Bate and they believe in someway they are kindred spirits. The Schism are also forward thinkers. Bate appreciates the input but he will pass on drinking whatever concoction Gacy has given his mates. Ava says they may be kindred spirits in some ways but certainly not all ways. Gacy says Bate is funny and he’s right, the journey a man takes does matter, you just have to be careful who you surround yourself with.
Gacy says these people won’t help Bate. The Schism is a true family while Bate left his across the ocean, groups like Chase U speak togetherness in the face of division. The Schism gave Thea Hail a glimpse of what life could be like with them, and maybe Bate would like to feel their power right now as well. Heed our message, Gacy says. Ava says Bate is all alone, he has no one, but we are four roots, one tree. The Schism surrounds Bate in the ring but here comes Duke Hudson, Andre Chase and Thea Hail to a big pop. The Schism retreats as we go to a commercial.
Chase University vs. The Dyad
The match is joined in progress and Duke gets a near fall on Rip. Duke works on the shoulder. Chase tags in and Chase with a drop toe hold and Duke with an elbow drop. Chase gets a near fall. Rip backs Chase into the corner and Jagger tags in. Jagger punches and kicks Chase. Jagger with a snap mare and kick to Chase. Jagger with a short arm clothesline for a near fall. Rip tags in and connects with a forearm. Rip kicks Chase and he gets him up for a shoulder breaker for a near fall. Rip with an arm bar and a forearm across the face. Jagger with a reverse chin lock and a knee to the back. Jagger with a cobra clutch. Jagger with a back elbow and an arm bar. Jagger with a knee to the midsection.
Chase makes the tag and Duke with forearms to Jagger and Rip. Duke with a side slam to Jagger and a Bionic elbow to Rip. Duke with a back senton to Rip and an exploder to Jagger into Rip. Jagger with a jaw breaker and Andre tags in and he hits an enzuigiri. Duke with a back elbow and Chase with a super kick for a near fall. Duke tags in and Rip clotheslines Andre to stop Fratliner. Duke takes care of Rip. Jagger with a rollup for a near fall. Duke punches Duke and Rip pulls Duke to the floor. Jagger with a suicide dive that sends Duke into the announce table.
We go to commercial.
We are back and Rip with a chin lock but Duke powers out of the hold and snap mares him. Duke with a back body drop and Andre and Jagger tag in. Andre with punches and reverse atomic drops. Chase punches Jagger after Jagger grabs his hair. Chase with punches in the corner. Chase with a double DDT. Chase kicks Rip off the apron. Chase with a swinging neck breaker. Chase goes to the turnbuckles and hits a moonsault onto Rip on the floor. Chase with a cross body to Jagger for a near fall. Andre and Jagger exchange punches and forearms. Chase punches RIp on the apron. Chase with a side Russian leg sweep and it is time for the C-H-A-S-E-U stomp.
Ava walks over to Thea and then walks away. Duke tags in and hits a slingshot German suplex. Chase has some words for Ava on the floor. Rip with a double thrust to Duke’s throat and a double Codebreaker for the three count.
Winners: Rip Fowler and Jagger Reid
After the match, Duke tells Thea she has to grow up and that Andre has to let her. He asks if this is a university or a charity.
– We see Robert Stone and Von Wagner earlier today. Von says he is here to kick ass and take names. Tony D’Angelo shows up and he says that Von took their title match and that doesn’t work for them. Tony says Von won’t be laughing after he gets a beat down. Von declines and Channing asks Von if Stone is his manager or his daddy. Von says if you want a fight, you got one.
– Drew Gulak and Charlie Dempsey are with McKenzie. McKenzie asks Drew why did he walk away from his friend. Drew says Hank is not his friend. Just because you want something, you don’t get it. Drew says he came to NXT to find the best of the best and that isn’t Hank Walker. Hank is a nice guy. You cannot be afraid to rip limbs from limb or tear ligaments. That describes Charlie Dempsey.
We go to commercial.
– We are back and Sol Ruca says she loves the ocean because no two waves are the same. The women’s division in NXT is the same. Life would be boring if it was easy. She says she tries something new every day. If you get at it and keep trying, she will succeed. She says she feels like she has conquered the world. That is the feeling she has in the ring and that is why she wants another match with Zoey.
Jacy Jayne vs. Indi Hartwell
They lock up and Indi with a wrist lock. Jacy with a chop and Indi with a forearm and chops. Indi with an Irish whip and short arm clotheslines. Jacy with a neck breaker and a back senton followed by a second one for a near fall. Indi with punches and she sends Jacy to the apron. Indi misses an uppercut and Jacy sends Indi into the ropes. Jacy with a shoulder and snap mare followed by a kick to the back and a back heel kick for a near fall. Jacy with an arm bar and chin bar. Jacy with a rear naked choke and she gets on Indi’s back to drive her to the mat. Indi gets back to her feet but Jacy keeps her down. Indi backs Jacy into the corner and snap mares Jacy to escape the hold. Indi with forearms and a kick followed by punches. Indi with a spinebuster for a near fall. Indi puts Jacy in the ropes and connects with a boot to the head. Indi gets Jacy up but Jacy gets to her feet and sends Indi into the turnbuckles.
Jacy with a cannonball. Jacy kicks Indi in the corner. Jacy with a kiss to Indi and a boot to the head. Jacy tells Indi no one loves her.
GIgi attacks Jacy from behind and the referee calls for the bell.
Winner: Jacy Jayne (by disqualification)
They fight to the floor and Gigi sends Jacy into the ringside barrier a few times. Gigi misses a kick and they fight to the back.
– We return to the Meiko training session. Roxanne asks why are they doing this if they have a match in two weeks. Meiko says they don’t talk, they train. Meiko tells Roxanne to win, it comes from the heart, not the muscle.
– Mark Coffey and Wolfgang walk in the back and we see Pretty Deadly with a cake.
We go to commercial.
– Zoey Stark says she does not care about Sol Ruca and she is done with her. Why does Meiko Satomura get a title match? Is it because Roxanne bought her plane ticket to the US? McKenzie tells Zoey that Meiko is a legend. Zoey says that is her match and everyone in the locker room is kissing her ass. If Meiko gets in the ring with her, she will show Meiko who is the Final Boss.
Gallus vs. Malik Blade and Edris Enofe
Malik and Mark start things off. They lock up and Mark with a clean break. They lock up again and Blade with a clean break and Mark pushes Blade. Blade with a cartwheel but he misses a drop kick. Mark with a back body drop and Wolfgang tags in. Wolfgang with European uppercuts. Blade with a punch and he goes for a back slide but Wolfgang blocks it. Wolfgang flips Blade over and hits an upperccut. Mark tags in and he punches Blade. Mark with a European uppercut and forearm. Blade iwth punches and Mark with a half nelson slam. Mark poses before returning to his opponent. Mark with a shoulder to Blade.
Two people come out with a cake.
Blade sends Mark into the corner and Enofe tags in and he drop kicks Mark and Wolfgang. Edris with a clothesline to Mark and a swanton onto Wolfgang on the floor. Edris with an elbow drop from the turnbuckles for a near fall. Blade tags in and hits a suplex and kick to teh back for a near fall. Wolfgang knocks Enofe off the apron. Blade sends Wolfgang to the apron. Mark with a double sledge and then they tag in Wolfgang and hit a running power slam and forearm combination for the three count.
After the match, they congratulate Mark and Wolfgang on the two year anniversary of losing the titles to Pretty Deadly. Wolfgang and Mark send them into the cake and then to the floor.
Prince and Wilson come from behind and hit Mark and Wolfgang with chairs. They send Mark into the ring steps and then do the same to Wolfgang. Mark is sent into the steps a second time. Wolfgang is pushed into Mark. Kit with a spinebuster to Woflgang on the steps.
– Dabba Kato says he can feel Apollo’s pain. You forgot about your past. Who helped you win the Intercontinental Title at Wrestlemania. You came back to NXT alone. Why? It was like good old times at Vengeance Day. I did not come to help, I came to hurt. Without me, you have no future. I will be the one who takes you out of it.
We go to commercial.
– Stevie Turner says she is excited for Wrestlemania season. She has been getting some questions about the NXT Locker Room and we go to the Stevie randomizer. She says Lyra Valkyria is a woman of mystery but she is no match for her fast fingers Stevie talks about Lyra’s background. Someone asks about the feathers and Stevie says that the feathers signify her wins. Stevie says Lyra has been successful but she will not be any match for Stevie. Stevie has to go before Vic can ask a question.
Tony D’Angelo vs. Von Wagner
They lock up and Tony backs Von into the corner and Von pushes him away. Tony with a shoulder tackle and punches. Von runs Tony into the corner and connects with shoulders and elbows. Von with knees and Tony with a punch. Von with a Harley Race knee. Von with an Irish whip and clothesline into the corner. Von misses a short arm clothesline and Tony with a double leg take down. Von with punches and a running boot. Von wants to know what Stone is doing and Stone tells him to figure it out. Von with a clothesline and punches and forearms. Von with a front face lock and forearms to the back. Von with a slam and elbow drop for a near fall. Von with a forearm to the back.
Von sends Tony into the turnbuckles and connects with knees. Von with an Irish whip and clothesline into the corner. Von with another Irish whip and clothesline. Von with an Irish whip but he misses an elbow and hits the turnbuckles. Tony with clotheslines and a belly-to-belly suplex. Tony with a clothesline and a spinebuster. Tony with an elevated uranage for the three count.
Winner: Tony D’Angelo
After the match, Kelly Kincaid is in the ring and he wants to ask Tony about Dijak. Tony says he wants to talk about Channing and loyalty. Channing could have taken the title match last week, but he had his back. He says Dijak does not understand family. We have been at this for a couple of months and it is time to end this.
Kelly asks Tony how to end this.
Tony says they talked about ways to do it and they will take care of it in the ring. Tony challenges Dijak to a jailhouse street fight. He says he will put Dijak in solitary confinement. Tony gives Dijak seven days to answer.
– Nikkita Lyons is with McKenzie and McKenzie asks about the attack. Nikkita says the surgery was successful and she was told she will be out for 10 or 11 months. She will be back before that. She does not know about who attacked her.
Tiffany Stratton shows up and asks why are people talking about Nikkita and wasting time. Tiffany says she would not attack Nikkita because that is beneath her. If she did it, Nikkita would be out permanently. Tiffany has a Tiffany Epiphany and tells her to disappear for a year.
– Tatum and Ivy show up and Tatum wishes Ivy luck in her match. Ivy asks Tatum why isn’t she going to the ring with her and Ivy asks if it is because of Isla.
We go to commercial.
– We are back and Trick is in the medical room and Carmelo Hayes shows up. Trick wants to go get some food but Hayes says he wants to watch the main event. Tyler Bate shows up and he tells Trick that his journey will have many peaks and valleys. The stronger the storm, the stronger the trees. Trick likes it. Carmelo says Tyler is a strong minded guy and Hayes says he is too. Hayes says he is happy that Tyler’s journey has nothing to do with the NXT Title because that is all him.
Ivy Nile vs. Alba Fyre
They lock up and Alba sends Ivy face first into the mat. Ivy gets Alba on her shoulders but Alba gets to her feet and Alba slaps Ivy. Ivy sends Alba into the corner and Ivy with punches. Alba pushes Ivy away and Ivy with a forearm in the corner. Ivy with a near fall. Alba sends Ivy into the middle rope and Alba with punches and a gourdbuster. Alba with a running kick to the chest for a near fall. Alba with a hammer lock and head butt to the back. Ivy sends Alba into the corner and she punches Alba. Alba with a kick and Ivy with a head scissors and a running thrust kick in the corner. Ivy goes for a slam but Alba counters for a Gory Bomb attempt but Ivy with a sunset flip for a near fall.
Ivy with the dragon sleeper and she bumps into Tatum on the apron while Isla distracts the referee. Alba with a super kick and Gory Bomb for the three count.
Winner: Alba Fyre
After the match, Ivy checks on Tatum and Tatum pushes her away.
– Bron Breakker says NXT is his life. He says as long as he is breathing, the title is his.
We go to commercial.
– We are back with Kiana James and Fallon Henley has arrived at KianaCorp. Fallon tells Kiana she ruined her date with Brooks. She says she was wrong with the Zack thing. She says Kiana could have told her. KIana says she wanted Fallon to trust her. Fallon apologizes and Kiana says that she understands that Fallon is jealous.
– Wes Lee is with McKenzie and she asks what is next for him. Wes says he would love to make it to LA as champion but he needs to look at what is on the horizon. Wes says there are plenty of people who want a shot at him so he is going to do another open challenge. At 8PM he will be in the ring for his opponent. McKenzie asks him why does he do it because it puts him at a disadvantage and Wes says that is him.
– Next week, Meiko Satomura faces Zoey Stark. Carmelo Hayes faces Tyler Bate.
Bron Breakker vs Jinder Mahal for the NXT Men’s Championship
Jinder with a few shoulder tackles. They lock up and Jinder with a waist lock and Bron with a standing switch. Jinder with an elbow and shoulder tackle. Jinder backs up and then he connects with forearms. Bron leap frogs Jinder and hits a few shoulder tackles. Bron catches Jinder on a leap frog and hits a power slam. Bron goes for the Steiner Recliner but Veer and Sanga pull him to the floor. Bron with a flip dive onto Veer, Sanga, and Jinder. Bron punches Jinder and drops him on the top rope. Bron with a clothesline but Jinder hits one at the same time and both men are down.
Veer and Sanga get on the apron and Julius and Brutus Creed come out to stop them and they fight to the back.
Jinder with elbows to the back of the head followed by an Irish whip and splash into the corner. Jinder chokes Bron in the ropes. Bron with a hammer lock and he sends Jinder shoulder first into the turnbuckles. Bron wraps the arm in the ropes. Bron with a slam and he gets a near fall. Bron with an arm bar. Jinder tries to escape but Bron holds on. Jinder goes for a slam but Bron escapes. Bron with a back drop and he gets a near fall. Jinder kicks Bron to the floor and Jinder sends Bron into the announce table. Jinder sends Bron into the ring steps and he breaks the referee’s count. JInder sends Bron into the ring steps one more time. Jinder gets a near fall.
Jinder with punches to Bron and he sets for a suplex but Bron blocks it. JInder with an elbow to the back of the head. Bron blocks a suplex and hits a suplex of his own. Jinder with punches and Bron punches back. They go back and forth. Jinder misses a clothesline and Bron with a German suplex and he holds on for a second one. Bron with a spinebuster. Jinder goes to the floor and Bron follows. Bron sends Jinder into the announce table. Bron sends Jinder back into the ring and Jinder with a Harley Race knee. Jinder with a Falcon Arrow for a near fall. Jinder gets Bron up and hits a double knee gutbuster for a near fall.
Jinder slaps Bron and tells him that he is the champion. Bron backs Jinder into the corner and connects with shoulders. Jinder with a kick and he goes to the turnbuckles. Bron goes up and hits a Frankensteiner and a suplex slam for a near fall.
Bron goes to the turnbuckles but is met with a kick. Bron with an arm drag to counter Khallas and Bron with a spear for the three count.
Winner: Bron Breakker
After the match, Bron stands tall with the NXT Title in the air as the music hits. We go to replays. Bron continues his celebration when Carmelo Hayes appears on the platform above the crowd. They lock eyes but the screen is suddenly interrupted by what looks like someone changing the channel on the Peacock user display. Whoever is changing the channel clicks on the NXT Stand & Deliver event. We cut to Grayson Waller in the production truck, and he has a remote in his hand. He addresses WWE Hall of Famer & Senior Vice President of Talent Development Creative, who is nowhere to be seen. Waller says he took a play out of the DX playbook and took over the production truck because he is the new Main Event, the new Showstopper. He says if Michaels is Mr. WrestleMania, then he is Mr. Stand & Deliver. Waller says this is his show, no one is holding him back, not even Michaels, because he will try. Waller says how about they talk about it in two weeks at NXT Roadblock, on a special episode of The Grayson Waller Effect, featuring The Heartbreak Kid. What do you say, you and me, face-to-face? Waller bullies a production worker and knocks over the camera, then tells them to get out of his way because he runs this show, don’t tell him what to do. NXT goes off the air.
NXT Results (2/21)