According to Brandon Thurston of WrestleNomics, WWE SmackDown averaged 2.303 million viewers on FOX, showing an increase from last week’s 2.227 million viewers. However, in the crucial 18-49 demographic, the show earned a 0.60 rating, down slightly from the previous week’s 0.63 rating.
WWE SmackDown featured matches such as Rey Mysterio vs. Santos Escobar, Charlotte Flair vs. Bayley, the Grayson Waller Effect with Bobby Lashley, a John Cena appearance, and more. Here is a summary of SmackDown’s viewership and key demo ratings over the past 4 episodes:
- 9/8/23: 2,094,000 viewers – 0.53 key demo rating – Payback Fallout
- 9/15/23: 2,569,000 viewers – 0.70 key demo rating – surprise appearance by The Rock
- 9/22/23: 2,227,000 viewers – 0.63 key demo rating
- 9/29/23: 2,303,000 viewers – 0.60 key demo rating
Turning to AEW Rampage, the show aired on TNT in the 10 pm ET timeslot on Friday and drew 363,000 viewers with a 0.14 rating in the 18-49 demographic. This is an improvement from the previous week’s 341,000 viewers and a 0.12 key demo rating during the Grand Slam special.
Matches on AEW Rampage included The Acclaimed (Max Caster & Anthony Bowens) & Billy Gunn vs. The Hardys (Matt Hardy & Jeff Hardy) & Brother Zay, Hikaru Shida vs. Ruby Soho, and NJPW Strong Openweight Champion Eddie Kingston vs. Rocky Romero. Here’s a summary of AEW Rampage’s recent ratings:
- 9/8/23: 385,000 viewers – 0.13 key demo rating
- 9/15/23: 335,000 viewers – 0.09 key demo rating
- 9/22/23: 341,000 viewers – 0.12 key demo rating – Grand Slam special
- 9/29/23: 363,000 viewers – 0.14 key demo rating
9/29 WWE SmackDown And AEW Rampage Viewership Numbers