Mauro Ranallo, Nigel McGuinnes, and Percy Watson welcome us in to tonight’s show and preview Aleister Black vs. Killian Dain, and The Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic.
Authors of Pain vs. TM61 (Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Tournament Match)
Rezar and Akam go to work on Thorne right off the bat, but gets shoved into his own corner, Miller tags in, stereo russian leg sweep. Rezar heads to the floor, Thorn with a flip to the outside, clearing out AOP. Action back in the ring, Miller tries for a pin, barely two. Miller hits a couple chops, but Akam picks him and drives Miller into the corner. Rezar gets in there and swings away on Miller’s head as we go to break.
Akam tags back in, leg drop off the second rope, cover, two. Miller in the wrong side of town as Akam stomps away at him. Miller with a DDT, but is moving really slowly to tag out. Thorne gets in there, big lariat, dropkick, and cannonball in the corner . Tries for a suplex on Rezar, nope, Thorne with some forearms, gets the suplex this time, pin, two. Rezar with a massive kick to Thorne’s face. In comes Akam, powerbomb/neckbreaker combo, but Miller is able to break up the pin attempt. Side suplex by Thorne, Miller with a moonsault off the top rope, pin, Rezar breaks it up this time. Rezar powerbombs Thorne down on the apron! Ouch! Miller gets suplexed into the corner. Last Chapter (Russian leg sweep/clothesline combo), pin, and that will do it.
Winners: Authors of Pain via Pinfall (Advances to the next round)
– Earlier today, William Regal talks Dusty Rhodes Classic and is asked who he thinks will win. He decides not to answer and heads off. Pete Dunne shows up and says the WWE UK Championship is not going anywhere. Roderick Strong shows up to talk with Dunne, Undisputed Era come along and make fun of Strong about wanting one more big match after a loss. Dunne tells Cole he hasn’t won anything big since he’s been here. Bit of a stare down that Regal breaks up.
– Backstage, Bianca Belair gets ready for her match.
– Random Basement, Eric Young and Alexander Wolfe say their chaos will continue in the Dusty Rhodes Classic. Nikki Cross laughs a ton. Killian Dain says to Aleister Black chaos will win tonight.
Bianca Belair vs. Miss Drew Renee
Belair with three vertical suplexes and a fall away powerbomb. Pin and we’re already done here.
Winner: Bianca Belair via Pinfall
– Backstage, Christy St. Cloud talks with Lacey Evans who says she’s here to show others some class. She says Dakota Kai is another example of a classless woman. Next week, she’ll test out Kai in the ring. Shayna Baszler shows up (Evans bounces) and says she’s been calling out the “fighting champion” Ember Moon, but all she’s received is silence from the champ about another match.
– Heavy Machinery working out in the WWE Performance Center and says no team is ready for them in the Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic. Tucker was pulling Otis on a sled while he was lifting weights.
– Tommaso Ciampa heads out to the ring to a chorus of boos. “You suck!” chant breaks out and he’s not even to the ring yet. “We want Johnny/Johnny sucks” dueling chants, Ciampa still hasn’t said anything as he holds a crutch over his shoulder. He goes to talk, more boos, so he waits. Tries once again, gets some more boos from the crowd. Ciampa finally gets frustrated, throws the mic and almost leaves. He sees a Gargano sign, takes it from a fan, holds it up, rips it, goes back into the ring and puts it down on the mat. He then bashes it with his crutch a few times before heading to the back with the fans still booing.
– Next week: Sanity (Eric Young and Alexander Wolfe) vs. Tino Sabbatelli and Riddick Moss (tournament match), Street Profits vs. Heavy Machinery (tournament match), and also, Adam Cole vs. Pete Dunne.
Aleister Black vs. Killian Dain
Dain with a running dropkick that sends Black flying back into the corner, quick pin, two. Dain charges in, misses, Black with a flurry of kicks that sends Dain out to the floor. Black with a second rope moonsault to the floor, dropping Dain for a moment. Dain gets back in the ring, Black with a bunch of kicks in the corner, gets shoved back and Dain squishes him with a running crossbody, pin, two-count.
Dain really focusing on Black’s ribs now with a bunch of kicks to that area. Dain continues to dominate and pick apart Black, three big splashes, Dain tries for a couple pins, but two-counts. Black tries to fight back with kicks, but can’t throw them with full power, nice sweep kick, running dropkick to the face, and a kip up. Black with a springboard moonsault off the ropes lands, pin, two.
Black tries for a high-flying move, Dain drops him with a clothesline, cover, two-count. Dain picks Black up by his jaw, back-and-forth strikes. Dain with a spinebuster, vader bomb, pin, and somehow Black kicks out. Ulster Plantation attempt, gets reversed into a pin, no, both men get up and black mass connects for the 1-2-3.
Winner: Aleister Black via Pinfall
We go to credits.
LATEST NEWS var numposts = 5;var showpostthumbnails = true;var displaymore = false;var displayseparator = true;var showcommentnum = false;var showpostdate = false;var showpostsummary = true;var numchars = 100;