WWE began its Wrestlemania Revenge Tour in Milan earlier tonight in front of a nearly sold out at the Mediolanum Forum. Here are the results:
– Cesaro pinned Stardust with the Swing/Sharpshooter combo in about 11 minutes. Big pop for Cesaro who is kind of a homegrown talent here since he spent a lot of time early in his career wrestling here. Usual house show opener, good match.
– Erick Rowan pinned Jack Swagger. Needless to say, not as good as the previous match. For whatever reason the “Real American” Swagger entered baring an Italian flag. Finish came when Swagger applied the ankle lock, Rowan reached the ropes with the referee calling for a break. Swagger then tried to bring Rowan back to the middle of the ring. Rowan held the apron and the referee went to put it back into place. With the ref distracted, Rowan poked Swagger in the eyes and pinned him with a full Nelson slam.<
– Sin Cara pinned Tyler Breeze in 7 minutes via Swanton Bomb. Short match, which is a shame. A bit of.comedy at the start but good action.
– Kane defeated Braun Strowman by DQ in 6 minutes. Loud reaction for Kane, still very beloved. Horrendous match. Strowman hit Kane with a chair for the disqualification and was then finished with a chokeslam.
– WWE Tag Team champions The New Day defeated Sheamus and Rusev to retain the WWE Tag Team Titles in 13 minutes. Not much different from the matches we saw on Raw and Wrestlemania with these teams. The New Day, needless to say, is OVER. Finish came after Woods, who was knocked earlier from the apron by Rusev, hit Rusev back with the referee distracted, allowing Kingston and Big E. to hit the Big Ending/Splash combo for the pin.
– WWE Women’s champion Charlotte defeated Becky Lynch and Sasha Banks in a triple threat match to retain the WWE Women’s Championship. As easily predictable this was by leaps and bounds the best match.of the show.
– The Usos beat The Dudley Boyz in 11 minutes. Dudleyz very over, almost 50/50 crowd reaction to the point that Bubba, the true highlight of the match, at a certain point started loudly complaining in Italian and running down local teams. Usos won with a double superkick.
– WWE World Heavyweight champion Roman Reigns fought Bray Wyatt to a no contest in 2 minutes. The match was immediately halted due to what looked like an ankle injury. It was bad enough that they immediately called for the best after the doc took a look at it. To cover for it they went to a LONG post match beatdown which involved Rowan, Strowman, the Usos and the Dudleyz. When the dust settled Sheamus came out trying to get a title match. He tried to Brogue Kick Reigns, who avoided it and Speared him. Video of this segment can be seen at this link.
Reigns took the mic and said that while he had his issues with Wyatt he never wishes an injury to anybody (which helped turn the crowd in his favour, it was 50/50 at best earlier) and then ended the show thanking the fans.
Thanks to Erik Ganzerli