Kevin Owens recently was interviewed by Planeta Wrestling and Mundo Deportivo, you can check highlights from the interview below.
* He says he thinks that his match with Dolph Ziggler at WWE Fastlane stole the show.
* He doesn’t think that AJ Styles is on his level, and thinks that AJ needs to cut his teeth in the WWE a little bit before they wrestle each other. He also calls Styles a rookie and says he needs a decent haircut.
* Owens doesn’t understand why Ambrose got a title shot, and doesn’t think he deserves it for just getting under Triple H’s skin.
* Owens talks about the Big Show’s size is a big factor, and his strikes don’t look like they hurt, but rock him more than anything he’s experienced.
* He remembers when Cody Rhodes brought back the old version of the Intercontinental title, and says that he was excited about the change.
* Daniel Bryan and himself weren’t close friends, but they knew each other for a long time. Owens said that Bryan gained the respect of his peers for his performance and how well he treated everyone. He says retirement was the best thing for Bryan, and he’s proud and appreciative of Bryan.
See Also: Kevin Owens Scolds NXT Talents
* Owens says that he had toy belts growing up and would beat up his pillows as a kid pretending to become IC champion. He says it’s an honor to hold that title.
* He was an Owen Hart fan, but not a Bret Hart fan. He said he thinks that was because he had an older brother and related to Owen, but changed his outlook as he got older. He was also a Steve Austin fan.
* Owens says that he and Zayn were the first time two Quebec wrestlers headlined a WWE special event. He says making a lasting impression, and that’s more important than where he’s from.
* He’s sure whatever role he has on WrestleMania 32 will stand out, because it always does.
* He feels like he’s been in WWE way over a year after being in the ring with Chris Jericho, Roman Reigns, John Cena, Dean Ambrose and being Intercontinental Champion twice.