The final two spots in a four-way no. 1 contender’s match at next Friday’s Impact No Surrender are set.
On Thursday’s Impact on AXS, former champion Eddie Edwards and Steve Maclin both qualified, joining PCO and Brian Myers for the bout to determine the next challenger for the Impact World title.
Edwards defeated Heath while Maclin beat Rhino. Maclin has been in hot pursuit of his first World title shot and has not been shy about showing his frustration in not getting one.
In another new match, Joe Hendry will defend the Digital Media title against Moose for the second time. However, the rematch will be held under Dot Combat (anything goes) rules. These two did battle at January’s Hard to Kill with Hendry picking up the win.
Moose went looking for Hendry Thursday and smashed the window of what he thought was the champion’s car, only to find it was Santino Marella’s instead:
There will also be a live Busted Open Radio segment hosted by Dave LaGreca, Bully Ray and Tommy Dreamer. Ray and Dreamer will compete in a Beat the Clock Challenge next Thursday with the winner getting to speak first at No Surrender.
Here’s the current card for the Friday, February 24th streaming special from Las Vegas, Nevada:
- Impact World Champion Josh Alexander defends against Rich Swann
- Knockouts Champion Mickie James defends against Masha Slamovich
- Knockouts Tag Team Champions The Death Dollz defend against Hex
- Digital Media Champion Joe Hendry defends against Moose in a Dot Combat match
- No. 1 contender’s four-way: PCO vs. Brian Myers vs. Eddie Edwards vs. Steve Maclin
- Bullet Club vs. Time Machine
- Frankie Kazarian vs. Kon
- Live Busted Open Radio segment with Dave LaGreca, Bully Ray & Tommy Dreamer
- Pre-show: “Speedball” Mike Bailey vs. Jonathan Gresham
- Pre-show: Deonna Purrazzo vs. Gisele Shaw