Last Friday, Vince McMahon’s resignation from WWE sparked a conversation about what may be to come because McMahon had previously indicated that he had no plans of stepping down.
PWInsider reported about more mainstream media articles that are coming and there have been attempts made to reach out to some former WWE talent.
Today on Wrestling Observer Live, Bryan Alvarez said that he’s heard rumors about another Wall Street Journal story that could be published as soon as this week, and the HBO Sports story is not going to be a good look for Vince.
Alvarez said, “I will say that there are rumors that the HBO Real Sports story on Vince is – one person used the term ‘damning’ and that there might be another Wall Street Journal article coming out this week. They may have gotten ahead of things with this resignation on Friday.”
As noted, WWE announced today that they are reinstating several financial statements due to “certain unrecorded expenses” by Vince McMahon, which are obviously the NDA payouts made to several women over the years. The payouts were just revealed in recent months, and led to McMahon’s retirement on Friday.
WWE is moving forward with Stephanie McMahon and Nick Khan as co-CEO’s and Triple H as Head of Creative but it’s clear that the story of Vince McMahon is not going away anytime soon.