The WWE TLC 2020 took place on Sunday, December 20, from the WWE Thunderdome at The Tropicana Field in Tampa Bay, Florida, due to COVID-19 pandemic.
This is our official page for the event, featuring the current card, rumored matches and WWE TLC related news at the bottom of the page. Check back this page often for future updates.
DATE: December 20, 2020
LOCATION: The Tropicana Field in Tampa Bay, Florida
QUICK WWE TLC 2020 RESULTS:
Check out the full results at this link.
- Drew McIntyre def. AJ Styles and The Miz in a Triple Threat TLC Match to retain the WWE Championship
- Sasha Banks def. Carmella via Submission to retain the SmackDown Women’s Championship
- The Hurt Business (Shelton Benjamin and Cedric Alexander) def. The New Day (Xavier Woods and Kofi Kingston) to win the Raw Tag Team Championship
- Raw Women’s Champion Asuka and Charlotte Flair def. Nia Jax and Shayna Baszler to win the WWE Women’s Tag Team Championship
- Roman Reigns def. Kevin Owens in a TLC Match to retain the WWE Universal Championship
- Randy Orton def. “The Fiend” Bray Wyatt in a Firefly Inferno Match
WWE TLC HISTORY
The WWE TLC: Tables, Ladders & Chairs event was established in 2009, replacing Armageddon in the December slot of WWE’s pay-per-view calendar. The concept of the show is based on the primary matches of the card each containing a stipulation using tables, ladders, and/or chairs as legal weapons. The event’s concept was voted by fans via WWE’s official website and was chosen over an event with street fight main events and an event featuring a single-elimination tournament.
Championship bouts are scheduled on every card, with the lower-tier titles featured on the undercard and the top-tier featured on the main card.
The 2014 event was also referred to as Tables, Ladders, Chairs… and Stairs, because the first ever Steel Stairs Match, between Erick Rowan and Big Show, was contested at the event.
With the WWE brand extension reinstated in 2016, the pay-per-view in 2016 was a SmackDown branded event. In the 2017 edition of the event, it was moved from its usual December slot to an October slot together with making the event as a Raw branded event, allowing TLC to occur before the annual Survivor Series event that is held in November. In 2018, it was announced that TLC would be a dual-branded event, and was moved back to the December slot due to the cancellation of Clash of Champions that year.