CW Anderson was a guest on the Two Man Power Trip of Wrestling. He talked about the final days of ECW and claimed that Paul Heyman was shooting Rollerball instead of trying to save ECW. Anderson then went on to talk about his issues with him. Heyman commented on the accusations and posted a lengthy rant on twitter. You can read those comments below:
As we sit here about 2 enjoy Korean BBQ, I decided 2 go against how I usually handle wannabes who like 2 name drop (after 16 years, no less)… I saw an interview in which #CWAnderson claims I was in LA shooting #Rollerball instead of trying to save #ECW back in 2000 …. It’s absurd that people have done nothing to talk about in 17 years so they are constrained to address their heartbreak about 2000/01 … Of course, that makes me an even bigger schmuck to feel compelled to ANSWER these moronic comments, but the food is cooking, so …
(1) Rollerball was never filmed in LA. It was filmed in Montreal and then in Yonkers, NY
(2) My scenes in Rollerball were shot in June and July, 2001. Not when #ECW was in business. I was actually booked for the movie thru @WWE
(3) The insinuation that I was shooting movie(s) in LA instead of trying to save what was my life (at the time) (#ECW) is just ignorant.
(4) Not only did I desperately try every angle 2 save the company, I put in every last dime I personally had, even when the ship was sinking
(5) I have zero regrets over any of this. I went bankruipt trying to save #ECW, and have never regretted my investment and never will.
(6) So when someone repeats a blatant lie about my comitment at the time to the product to which I devoted seven years of my life, it’s nothing short of ignorance on full display for the entire world to see.
It’s a shame I waited this long to correct the record on this BS that has lingered for all these years, but I remember sitting on the @WWE plane with @VinceMcMahon and someone had said something so outlandish about him, and everyone was trying to get Vince to reply. He turned to me and said, “I focus on revenue-producing public statements. Anything else is a waste of my time, and my time is limited. I have things to do.”
I also sit there every week and see @BrockLesnar laugh at every rumor, every innuendo, every claim made about him. And when I say “so, Brock … is there a retort?” He laughs out loud and says “not a chance!” So today, I decided to lower myself and answer a claim that people w/ nothing to do seem to repeat with no regard for accuracy. I accept all criticism 4 this diatribe, and confess I should have been above it all, and offer no excuses as to why I decided to address it.
Oh I almost forgot. To answer #CW’s nagging self-question as to why he was paid $75 a night when others had more (at least on paper) … That was the going rate for a lower level stooge who reported on the locker room to Dreamer. But admittedly, he was a damn good one. PROPS!
And now, let’s get back to @BrockLesnar, @Goldberg,@WrestleMania, #Looking4Larry (#L4L), #HustleBootyTempTats ….
— Paul Heyman (@HeymanHustle) February 26, 2017