Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Jon Moxley Pulled From Tonight's Dynamite Due To Coronavirus Concerns

Jon Moxley Pulled From Tonight's Dynamite Due To Coronavirus Concerns
AEW World Champion Jon Moxley has been pulled from tonight's Dynamite episode on TNT due to COVID-19 concerns.



AEW had previously announced that Moxley would be in action tonight, but no opponent was named. Khan noted on Twitter that Brian Cage, Moxley's opponent for Fyter Fest, will now be in action.

Thony Khan said Moxley recently came in contact with someone who had contact with another person who has the coronavirus. Moxley warned the promotion and the AEW doctors have asked him to stay home and get tested to protect others in the company.

"Recently @JonMoxley had contact with someone who had contact with someone who has COVID-19. Mox did the right thing & warned us. Doc asked him to stay home & get tested to protect us here at our test site. Cage will be in action tonight on #AEWDynamite ahead of their title fight," Khan tweeted.

Khan later added, "Jon Moxley can get slammed on a car, crawl through tacks & fall through the stage, but it's every bit as cool that he came forward & told us he'd had secondhand exposure to COVID. We test everyone here at #AEWDynamite, but Jon protected everyone onsite like the great champ he is".

Khan also revealed that QT Marshall came in contact with a non-wrestling acquaintance who has since tested positive for COVID-19. AEW felt it was safest for Marshall to stay in Georgia and take a COVID-19 test there.

FTR was originally scheduled to face The Natural Nightmares (QT Marshall & Dustin Rhodes), but they have been pulled from the show.

"Since last week's show, in his everyday life, QT had brief contact with a non-wrestling acquaintance who since tested positive for COVID-19," Khan wrote. "Rather than risk bringing QT to our test site, our doc asked him to stay home & take a COVID test back in GA to protect the rest of us here."



PLEASE SHARE THIS ARTICLE:


LATEST NEWS