
Pat McAfee has once again made it clear that his time in WWE is over. After a heavily criticized run leading into WrestleMania 42, McAfee reiterated on his Instagram that fans should not expect to see him on WWE programming ever again.
McAfee’s final storyline appearance came when he was revealed as Randy Orton’s mystery ally ahead of Orton’s match with Cody Rhodes. The reveal was met with immediate backlash online, and McAfee tried to soften the blow by promising he would walk away from WWE if Orton lost. Rhodes retained the Undisputed WWE Championship on night one, and McAfee has stuck to his word.
During a Q&A on Instagram Stories, McAfee repeated the vow and even slipped in a quiet nod to Chris Jericho. He said, “I made a promise that I would never, EVER, you just made the list… I would never, ever be seen on WWE television ever again.” He added, “And Cody Rhodes won. He is the one… Wrestling fans can sleep soundly understanding I will never be back over there.”
Why Pat McAfee Says He’s Done With WWE
McAfee’s final night in WWE was chaotic. Before Orton’s match with Rhodes, Jelly Roll sent him crashing through the commentary desk as part of a pre‑match attack. Later in the bout, McAfee tried to return wearing a neck brace and a referee shirt after the official was taken out. His attempt to help Orton backfired when he ate an RKO from “The Viper” after Rhodes kicked out at two.
Since then, McAfee has kept his distance from WWE and focused on his expanding media career. He continues hosting The Pat McAfee Show, is preparing for another season of ESPN College GameDay, and was announced on Wednesday as part of ESPN’s Monday Night Countdown lineup.
McAfee’s schedule leaves little room for a wrestling comeback, and his repeated insistence that he’s finished with WWE suggests he intends to keep the promise he made at WrestleMania.
RELATED: Pat McAfee Opts Out of Post WrestleMania 42 Plans


