The pre-show opened with that mom rocker Nickelback song where they tried really hard to be badass. Renee Young, Peter Rosenberg, and David Otunga hosted the show from the Kickoff Show desk on the floor of Barclays Center.
– Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler checked in from the much livelier Manhattan Center. The iconic duo were standing at ringside and spoke about the anniversary and memories conjured up by being inside the venue. Lawler recalled insulted Stu and Helen Hart in the balcony of Manhattan Center. Fans chanted “25” as Ross noted that fans were paying $800 tickets on the secondary market.
– After the Young team talked, Charly Caruso interviewed “The APA” Bradshaw (JBL) and Ron Simmons backstage. They spoke about the celebrities who paid them protection money over the years. Bradshaw suggested opening up the APA service for one night. They acted like they lost the key to their office and had Caruso watch the office for them.
– Classic footage aired from Raw on January 11, 1993 Bobby Heenan dressed as a woman attempting to get into Raw before Sean Mooney removed his wig.
– Sam Roberts stood in front of screaming fans and looked back on some of his favorite Raw moments. Roberts hyped some of the bigger names for the show and questioned what would happen with all of them appearing on Raw. Roberts said it would be uncut, uncooked, and uncensored. He set up footage from September 28, 1998 of Steve Austin driving the zamboni to ringside.
– The focus shifted to the Intercontinental Title match between Roman Reigns and The Miz. A Reigns interview from last week aired as he spoke about how he was meant to reign and how his family member Yokozuna was on Raw back in the day. Footage shot today showed The Miz and Maryse walking while Miz said he would win the Royal Rumble and the Intercontinental Title.
– Young set up classic footage of Mick Foley beating The Rock to win the WWE Championship on the January 4, 1999 Raw. They cut away from Steve Austin hitting The Rock with a chair to the head.
– Footage aired from July 15, 2002 when Vince McMahon introduced Eric Bischoff and hugged him on the stage.
– Bischoff joined the Young-led pre-show team. He said it’s been nearly ten years since he was with WWE, but things like the passion and excitement never change. He said he was grateful to be there. Bischoff looked back on the 2002 introduction. He said it was surreal because they kept him isolated before the segment. He recalled seeing the looks on the faces of people backstage and wishes he could relive it again and again. Bischoff said that despite coming from “enemy territory” he felt at home fairly quickly. He recalled that the first thing he did was meet with Undertaker and then things went well.
– A Bayley selfie video aired. Trish Stratus joined her in the shot. Bayley spoke about how she grew up watching Trish and Lita, while Trish spoke of how she enjoys watching Bayley today.
– A flashback focussed on Trish vs. Lita from the December 6, 2004 edition of Raw. WWE continues to glorify Lita’s face bump on the suicide dive.
– Ross and Lawler checked in and set up a flashback to Undertaker’s earlier appearances on Raw. Afterward, the fans were chanting ECW. One of the fans behind Ross and Lawler was dressed in Heenan-like drag. Funny. Lawler indicated that DX would be in Manhattan, and said Steve Austin would be at Barclays.
– The Young team questioned what Undertaker’s appearance would mean. They gushed over Undertaker. Rosenberg said Austin is the attitude of Raw, while Taker is the spirit of Raw.
– New Day checked in and recalled becoming the longest reigning tag champions in WWE history. They also acknowledged Kofi Kingston’s ten-year anniversary as a main roster wrestler.
– Young read a Bret Hart social media post in which he said he was sorry that he could not attend the Raw 25 event. They also read a tweet from Vince McMahon about Raw 25.
– The next flashback video was from August 9, 1999 and the debut of Chris Jericho.
– Roberts set up a flashback video from April 27, 1998 featuring DX invading WCW Nitro.
– Classic footage aired of Seth Rollins turning on Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose.
– The panel goes over the Royal Rumble card after more discussion on tonight’s show. Renee confirms that Kane, Braun Strowman, Paul Heyman and WWE Universal Champion Brock Lesnar will be here tonight. We get a look at The New Day, Triple H and Stephanie McMahon on The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon a few nights ago. Fallon will be at RAW tonight. Stephanie is behind Renee and the panel talking to the crowd as they prepare to kick off tonight’s broadcast. Renee thanks everyone and wraps the pre-show.
WWE RAW Opener:
The WWE RAW 25th Anniversary show opens live from the Manhattan Center Grand Ballroom in New York City with WWE Hall of Famers Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler. They welcome us and send us across town to the Barclays Center in Brooklyn. Michael Cole welcomes us. He’s at ringside, for one night only, with Corey Graves and WWE Hall of Famer Booker T.
– We go right to the ring as JoJo introduces RAW Commissioner Stephanie McMahon and SmackDown Commissioner Shane McMahon. Stephanie welcomes everyone to Raw. Shane mentions that 25 years is an accomplishment and they want to thank everyone who stepped through the ropes to make Raw possible. He also thanks the people behind the scenes. Shane also thanks the fans who have watched Raw over the last 25 years. We go to a video package.
After the video, Stephanie says they have a very special person to truly thank for all of this. One person who had the determination and passion to make Raw the success it is. She brings out the Chairman of WWE and creator of Raw, and their father, Vincent Kennedy McMahon. As Vince walks to the ring, Michael Cole reminds us of the announce team for the first Raw.
Vince says 25 years is truly amazing. Vince tells the people to stop but Stephanie tells him they are saying ‘thank you Vince’. Vince says he is not one who likes to pat himself on the back and smell the roses, but tonight it is time to smell the roses. Vince tells everyone to have a good night and enjoy the show.
Stephanie says that they have a surprise for Vince. It is from everyone all over the world. Stephanie says they started a GoFundMe to make a commemorative plaque to celebrate 25 years of Raw.
Vince says it feels a little cheap and Stephanie says the GoFundMe didn’t raise too much money. Vince says it looks cheap and they are in Brooklyn. Vince wants to know how everyone could chip in money and all he got was a plaque. Vince says plaque is what each of you have on your teeth. It is what is clogging your arteries. After all he has done for 25 years and all he gets is a plaque? Vince says everyone is thanking everyone and he says there is only one person he has to thank. That person is himself. He did this by himself. There is not one person who…
Glass breaks in the arena and Stone Cold Steve Austin makes is way to the ring!
Fans go wild for Austin. Vince tells them not to encourage Austin. Vince says he sees the look in Austin’s eyes. Vince goes on but the “what?!” chants start. Vince says Austin looks great but Mother Nature hasn’t been as kind to him. Vince says he’s now a member of AARP and has heart problems, specifically a murmur that won’t go away. Vince says he has arthritis and his bones are very brittle these days. He even lives in a retirement home now. Vince says times have changed and he’s now a senior citizen. But Shane is in his prime, Vince says. Vince goes on about how Shane flies across the ring and says he’s in his prime. Austin raises Shane’s arm to a pop. Austin turns and drops Shane with a Stunner as fans go wild.
Austin’s music hits again as he drops down in Shane’s face like only The Rattlesnake can. Austin’s music stops as he turns to Vince, who is holding two beers. Vince says he doesn’t blame Austin but this is for old time’s sake. Fans chant “one more time” and Vince says he doesn’t think Shane can take one more time. Vince hands Austin one of the beers. They knock beers and tip them back but Vince stops and starts hugging Austin in the middle of the ring. Vince raises Austin’s arm and the beer as Austin’s music plays again. Austin salutes Vince again and they embrace again. Vince goes to leave and the music stops. Vince stops in his tracks. Vince stops and turns to Austin, pleading with him. Austin knocks beers again and they take a chug. Austin gives Vince the middle finger salute and lays him out with a Stunner. Austin celebrates and calls for more beers as his music hits. Cole shows us a replay as the celebration continues.
– Still to come, Kane, Braun Strowman and WWE Universal Champion Brock Lesnar will be here. Also, Roman Reigns defends against The Miz. The Undertaker also returns. Up next, eight-woman action with Asuka, Sasha Banks, Mickie James and Bayley vs. Mandy Rose, Sonya Deville, Nia Jax and Alicia Fox. We see Austin celebrating with beers on the stage as we go back to commercial.
Asuka, Sasha Banks, Mickie James and Bayley vs. Mandy Rose, Sonya Deville, Nia Jax and Alicia Fox
Back from the break and out comes Nia Jax while Mandy Rose, Sonya Deville and Alicia Fox wait in the ring. Paige is at ringside. Sasha Banks is out first for her team, followed by Bayley. Mickie James is out next and out last comes Asuka. They head to the ring together.
Nia attacks Asuka from behind and all eight women pair off in the ring. The referee tries to get some control of the situation and the match starts with Asuka and Sonya. Asuka with strikes to Sonya and a hip attack. Asuka with kicks to the midsection and Sonya goes to the floor.
We go to commercial.
We are back and Asuka with a hip attack to knocks Alicia and Sonya off the apron. Asuka with a knee and sliding kick to Mandy. Sasha tags in and they hit a double suplex. Nia tags in and Sasha wit kicks and a running knee to the head for a near fall. Nia with a uranage to Sasha and then she gets a near fall. Mandy tags in and kicks Sasha in the corner. Sonya tags in and she punches Sasha in the midsection. Alicia tags in and she gives Sasha a Northern Lights suplex for a near fall. Alicia with a reverse chin lock. Alicia sends Sasha to the mat and gets a near fall.
Alicia returns to the reverse chin lock. Sasha gets out of the hold but Alicia with a running boot for a near fall. Sasha with an elbow and Alicia pulls Sasha down by the hair.
We go to commercial.
We are back and Alicia sends Sasha into the corner but Sasha with a kick and she sends Alicia to the mat. Sonya pulls Sasha off the turnbuckles and then everyone not in the match battles on the floor. Alicia misses a Yakuza Kick and then Sasha with a lungblower and Banks Statement that forces Alicia to tap out.
Winners: Asuka, Bayley, Mickie James, and Sasha Banks
After the match, the winners celebrate in the ring. Mickie gets on the turnbuckles and Asuka pushes her over the top rope to the floor. Asuka attacks Sasha and Bayley and sends Bayley over the top rope. Sasha goes for a lungblower but Asuka holds on to the ropes. Asuka with a back heel kick and she sends Sasha over the top rope to the floor.
Kurt Angle is in the office telling a referee that this is a night for celebration and not chaos. Jonathan Coachman enters and he says it is great to be back home. Harvey Whippleman and the Brooklyn Brawler also show up. Teddy Long shows up and it is time to dance and make a tag team match. There is another knock on the door and it is Brother Love. Coach and Brother Love have an awkward moment. The Boogeyman enters the office and he has his worms. Boogeyman gives some worms to Coachman. We go to commercial.
– We are back to the Manhattan Center. Jim and Jerry talk about the Undertaker and we have a video package for the Undertaker.
In the Arena:
The bells toll inside the Manhattan Center as The Undertaker makes his way out while a “holy s–t” chant starts up. WWE Hall of Famer Howard Finkel does the introduction for Taker.
Undertaker says the carnage began on this sacred ground of evil twenty-five years ago. For twenty-five years, he has been digging holes and any person who dares step foot into the dark side got buried. For twenty-five years, he has taken legends and ripped them off their pedestals and thrown them into the cold, dark Earth. Stone Cold answered to the reaper. Mick Foley answered to the reaper. Even his own flesh and blood, Kane had to answer to the reaper.
They all tried and they all failed. Now, on this sacred ground, I declare for all of those who have fallen, it is truly time. You rest… in… peace.
Taker’s music hits and he leaves.
– Still to come, Roman Reigns defends. Back to commercial.
We are back and the APA are in their office playing poker with Heath Slater and he loses. Heath reminds them they have kids but JBL says their dad is broke. A giant wad of money is dropped on the table and it is Ted DiBiase and he asks what is their price and then he laughs.
– It is time for a moment to honor some former General Managers. John Laurinaitis comes out, followed by William Regal. Out next is Eric Bischoff. They are joined by the Smackdown General Manager Daniel Bryan.
Miz comes out for his match and he has a stare down with Daniel Bryan on the stage.
Miz hits the ring and walks around as some fans start booing. The boos pick up as the music hits for Roman Reigns and out comes the WWE Intercontinental Champion. We get formal ring introductions from JoJo as the bell rings.
WWE Intercontinental Title Match: The Miz vs. Roman Reigns
They lock up and Roman sends Miz to the mat and Miz retreats into the corner. Miz goes to the floor but Roman grabs Miz by the hair. Miz with a punch and he goes up top but Roman with a punch as he comes off the turnbuckles. Roman sets for the broad jump drop kick but Bo Dallas gets between Miz and Reigns. Axel distracts Reigns but Miz misses a baseball slide and Roman with a punch. Axel brushes by Roman and that allows Miz to connect with a super kick. Miz sends Roman into the ring steps as we go to commercial.
We are back and Miz runs into a clothesline and Roman follows with another clothesline and a flying clothesline. Roman with NeverEnding Story in the corner. Roman with a running boot to the head. Roman sets for the Superman punch but Miz goes to the floor and Roman hits the broad jump drop kick. They return to the ring and Reigns misses a running shoulder into the corner and Miz with a rollup and he has his feet on the ropes but Reigns kicks out.
Miz with kicks to the chest but Roman blocks the round kick and he hits a sit out power bomb for a near fall. Miz is helped to the floor by Axel and Dallas. Reigns goes to the floor and he hits a broad jump drop kick on Axel and Dallas. Axel is sent into the apron and he holds his arm. Bo is sent into the ring post. Axel is sent into Yeatonville and Miz hits Reigns from behind. Roman counters a Skull Crushing Finale with a snap mare and he follows with a Superman punch. Roman gets a near fall.
Roman gets up and he sets for the Spear but Bo grabs his leg and Miz hits the Awesome Clothesline. Axel gets on the apron and then the referee sends Curtis and Bo to the back. Miz pleads his case to the referee. Reigns with a rollup for a near fall. Reigns with a Superman punch to Axel and Dallas on the apron. MIz with a Skull Crushing Finale for a near fall.
Roman gets up and he sets for the Spear but Bo grabs his leg and Miz hits the Awesome Clothesline. Axel gets on the apron and then the referee sends Curtis and Bo to the back. Miz pleads his case to the referee. Reigns with a rollup for a near fall. Reigns with a Superman punch to Axel and Dallas on the apron. MIz with a Skull Crushing Finale for a near fall. Miz goes for another Skull Crushing Finale but Roman with elbows to escape. Roman misses a splash into the corner and hits an exposed turnbuckle. Miz gets the three count.
Winner and NEW Intercontinental Champion: Miz
After the break, Miz celebrates as we get a replay of Miz taking off the turnbuckle padding while Reigns was dealing with The Miztourage on the floor. Reigns recovers as Miz, Axel and Dallas celebrate up the ramp.
– Still to come, Lesnar, Strowman and Kane will be here. Also, DX returns. Back to commercial.
– We are back and the Usos and Jeff Hardy has joined the game along with MVP. MVP wins the next hand.
The Peep Show:
We are back to the ring for the Peep Show with Christian. He says there are a lot of Peeps in Brooklyn. Christian says he misses everyone and he says he knows a little about tag teams. He is a nine time tag team champion. He thought he had seen it all but then he saw this team win in their first match together. Christian brings out Seth Rollins and Jason Jordan.
Jason interrupts Seth and he says this is amazing. He knows they are here to talk about their upcoming title defense, but Jason says it is an honor to be in Christian’s presence and the presence of all of the superstars and legends in the back. He says he wanted to thank everyone for their continued support, but he wants to congratulate his dad for assembling such a collection of talent tonight. Jason says his dad does not really suck. He wants everyone to give his dad a round of applause.
Sheamus and Cesaro’s music plays and they come out to the ring.
Sheamus tells Jason to calm down because the legends and superstars were here to get their autographs and take pictures with them. Sheamus says those same superstars and legends had the same sentiment. They expect them to reclaim their tag titles on Sunday. Sheamus says they thanked them in advance for doing so.
Cesaro tells Jason it is not his dad who sucks, it is Jason who sucks. Sheamus and Cesaro sing ‘You Suck’ and the crowd joins in.
Jordan attacks Cesaro and Rollins clotheslines Sheamus over the top rope. Rollins with a suicide dive onto Sheamus. Rollins goes for a springboard knee to Cesaro but Cesaro moves and Rollins hits Jordan.
We go to the interview area and Alexa Bliss stops by. She is asked about the Royal Rumble match and whether she will be champion at Wrestlemania. Alexa asks Charly if she is trying to insult her. Alexa says she is not a champion, but a goddess.
Charlotte Flair shows up and she says the only reason why Alexa is the Raw Women’s champion is because Charlotte is on Smackdown. Alexa does not have the size, speed, or pedigree. To be the woman, you have to beat the woman. Ric Flair shows up and she says that you might be the champion tonight, but Charlotte will be the champion tonight, tomorrow, Wrestlemania, the Monday after Wrestlemania and until she decides to hang it up. The Flairs do a double Wooo! to end the segment. Back to commercial.
– We are back and more people have joined the poker game. Heath thinks he has won with a straight but he loses to a Queen high flush by Natalya.
The poker game is interrupted by Bray Wyatt, who is at the Manhattan Center.
Woken Matt Hardy vs. Bray Wyatt
Bray and Matt with punches. Matt escapes Sister Abigail and he punches Bray in the corner. Wyatt misses a clothesline and Matt with a kick followed by a side Russian leg sweep. Matt goes to the turnbuckles and he hits an elbow to the back of the head. Matt with a kick and he tries for a Twist of Fate but Bray escapes and Wyatt with a flying cross body as we go to commercial.
We are back and Matt with a jaw breaker and punches. Matt sends Bray into the turnbuckles. Matt with a clothesline of deletion into the corner but Bray sends Matt into the corner and misses a splash. Bray leans back in the corner and Matt is not affected. Matt with a Side Effect for a near fall. Matt with a kick and he sets for a Twist of Fate but Bray backs Wyatt into the ropes. Wyatt with Sister Abigail for the three count.
Winner: Bray Wyatt
After the match, Wyatt stands tall and laughs until we cut back to Brooklyn.
– We go the stage and JoJo introduces some of the great female Superstars from the past. Out comes The Bella Twins, Maryse, Kelly Kelly, Lilian Garcia, WWE Hall of Famer Jacqueline, Torrie Wilson, Michelle McCool, Terri Runnels, Maria Kanellis and WWE Hall of Famer Trish Stratus. They all get another pop as we return to commercial.
We are back and Elias is walking in the back. He sees Chris Jericho. Jericho says he wrote a song about Elias and he asks to use his guitar but Elias refuses. Jericho says he has his own. Jericho says he doesn’t want to walk with Elias and he says that Elias just… Jericho pulls out the list and he says he is not going to put Elias on the list, but Elias just MADE THE LIST!
In the Arena:
Elias is in the ring and he wants to know Who wants to walk with Elias. Twenty-five years of Raw. It took them twenty-five years to find him but the WWE finally got it right. The WWE that he is talking about is for Walk with Elias. The Royal Rumble is a week away but tonight there are celebrities and legends. Elias wrote a song and he wants everyone to silence their phones, keep silent, and shut their mouths. Elias says if they are not going to listen, he won’t sing his song.
Elias threatens to leave, but he won’t do that because Jimmy Fallon is right here and he tells him how it is done. Elias has a song that runs down the legends. John Cena interrupts Elias and makes his way to the ring.
John tells Elias that both he and Brooklyn have balls (as a beach ball is confiscated). John says Twenty-five years of Raw… But Elias tells Cena to shut his damn mouth. No one wants to hear you. They came to hear him. You ruined it. John tells Elias to do something about it. Elias says that is not how it works John. He says he doesn’t take orders from John and he won’t take any orders from these Brooklyn scumbags.
Cena turns his back and Cena avoids Elias and hits two flying shoulder tackles and a Blue Thunder Bomb. Cena with a five knuckle shuffle and he sets for an Attitude Adjustment but Elias gets to his feet and he connects with a low blow on Cena. Elias gets his guitar and he hits Cena in the back with it. Cena tries to get up and Elias hits Drift Away. Elias talks some trash and stands over Cena as his music hits. We get a replay.
More people are at the poker game and pancakes are there with the New Day. Heath Slater has a full house, but they say that Heath is cheating. JBL and Ron Simmons tell them that they don’t fight here, they fight in the ring. Slater, Rhyno, Crews, O’Neil, and Dana leave as Ted wins with a Royal Flush. Ron throws out a DAMN! We go to commercial.
We are back and Mark Henry is in the back and he sees The Godfather. Godfather says Mark was not always known as Mark Henry, he was known as Sexual Chocolate. Mark says that was a different era and he has grown up. Mark starts to hit on Olivia but Godfather says that is his wife.
Titus O’Neil and Apollo Crews (with Dana Brooke) vs. Heath Slater and Rhyno
Rhyno chops Titus as Titus gets in his face. Titus with a chop in the corner. Titus with another chop in the corner. Crews tags in and he kicks Rhyno and works on the arm but Rhyno with a reversal. Slater tags in and connects with a forearm off the turnbuckles. Slater with a running forearm and punch. Crews with a drop kick. Crews with a delayed vertical suplex. We go to commercial.
We are back and all four men brawl and the referee has to call for the bell to stop the match.
After the match, The Dudley Boys make their way to the ring and Titus, Heath, Apollo, and Rhyno get out of the ring. Rhyno tells Slater to go in the ring and then Apollo and Titus help him into the ring. Slater turns around into a slam from Bubba and a Wassup head butt. Bubba tells D-Von to get the tables. The table is set up and Slater is sent through the table with a 3D. Rhyno, Titus, and Apollo celebrate with the Dudleys.
AJ Styles is in the interview area and he is asked about his title match but AJ stops Charly and he says he brought someone to do the interview with him and he brings out Mean Gene Okerlund. Gene asks AJ about his title match on Sunday. AJ goes full Hogan and he says LET ME TELL YOU MEAN GENE. He says he always wanted to do that. He says he will be facing Kami and they think that they are bigger than the Yes Movement and they think they will walk out of the Royal Rumble as co-champions. He will have a small window and he needs to hit fast to remain the WWE Champion. We go to commercial.
In the Arena:
We are back in Manhattan and it is time for DX to make an appearance as Shawn Michaels and Triple H make their way to the ring.
Shawn says he has been asked about his most favoritist Raw moment but he cannot remember 25 minutes ago. Shawn mentions the sausage segment but Hunter cuts him off. Shawn mentions the Christmas segment and Hunter cuts him off too. Shawn says he used to be the boss of this group, but now Hunter is the boss of everything. He doesn’t get to do anything anymore. Shawn says that even though he can’t talk about it, you can watch it on the WWE Network.
Hunter reminds everyone it started here 25 years ago and you lit the spark and started the fire that became the inferno that became the WWE. Hunter says they are here because of you. Twenty years ago, they started something special in this ring. They would walk to this ring every week with Ravishing Rick Rude and Chyna and they would do whatever they wanted to do or say whatever they wanted to say. They were at the forefront.
Whether it was driving a tank to the door of WCW to start a war or whether it was being here for the 25th anniversary. They came here because the Manhattan Center is home for Raw. Hunter says they didn’t come alone.
The New Age Outlaws make their way to the ring. Road Dogg does their introduction. He says they did not come alone. X-Pac makes his way to the ring. He says this is a DX reunion (as the crowd chants 1-2-3 for Sean), but they cannot have a 25th anniversary of Raw celebration without this guy.
Razor Ramon makes his way to the ring as we go to commercial.
We are back for a Hey Yo from Scott Hall. He says you can’t have a party on Raw without the Bad Guy. He says he has been watching the show from both locations. Everyone can agree that this show is too sweet.
Finn Balor, Luke Gallows, and Karl Anderson make their way to the ring and we get a group Too Sweet.
The Revival interrupt and make their way to the ring.
Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson (with Finn Balor) vs. Scott Dawson and Dash Wilder
Wilder and Dawson attack Gallows and Anderson before the bell and then Wilder works over Anderson and Dawson tags in and kicks Anderson and followed by a back elbow. Dawson with a leg drop to Anderson. Wilder tags in and Dawson with a punch followed by an uppercut and side head lock from Wilder. Dawson tags in and he cuts off the tag and applies a side head lock. Anderson with a leg lariat to Dawson and Wilder and Gallows tag in.
Gallows with uppercuts and a splash into the corner. Gallows with a boot to Dawson and a round kick to Wilder. Anderson tags in and they hit Magic Killer for the three count.
Winners: Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson
After the match, Dawson grabs Hall and Hall throws his toothpick in Dawson’s face. X-Pac with an X Factor. Road Dogg with jabs followed by a Fameasser. Shawn with a super kick to Wilder followed by a Pedigree from Hunter. Balor goes up top for a Coup De Grace.
In the Arena:
We go back to Brooklyn for Kurt Angle. He brings out everyone who was in the back for the next segment with the three men who will battle for the Universal Title on Sunday. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and RAW General Manager Kurt Angle is in the ring to plug the WWE Universal Title match at Royal Rumble. The Legends and Superstars are surrounding the ring. Angle introduces Braun Strowman first, then Kane. Some of the Superstars are in the ring to keep Braun and Kane separated now.
Paul Heyman comes out and he introduces himself. He says he came here to bring you something relevant. Someone relevant. There is nothing more relevant than the title and no one more relevant than the titleholder, who happens to be his client. Paul says his client is not here for a nostalgia trip. He is here for a fight. Fighter, are you ready? Fighter, are you ready? Paul says his fighter is ready and he is the most relevant in the history of Raw.
Braun meets Lesnar at ringside but Lesnar runs right over him. Lesnar enters the ring and hits Kane with the F5. Braun ends up launching Lesnar into the barrier at ringside. Kane is also down on the floor. Braun clears the announce table and puts Brock through it with a running powerslam. Braun yells out and stands over Lesnar as his music hits. Braun returns to the ring and stands tall while Lesnar rolls around in pain on the outside. We get a replay of the table powerslam. Braun poses in the corners while Lesnar and Kane are both down on the outside. RAW goes off the air with Braun standing tall.
LATEST NEWS var numposts = 5;var showpostthumbnails = true;var displaymore = false;var displayseparator = true;var showcommentnum = false;var showpostdate = false;var showpostsummary = true;var numchars = 100;