Many fans have speculated that Reigns could face Jimmy Uso at the event later this month, as the tension between Reigns and The Usos continues to escalate on WWE Friday Night SmackDown.
But Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer reports that Rey Mysterio will challenge “The Head of the Table” at the pay-per-view.
This direction would follow up on the show-closing angle of the latest episode of WWE SmackDown. In the main event, Reigns attacked Mysterio and his son, Dominik during their title match with The Usos. Rey and Dominik had been defending the WWE SmackDown Tag Team Championship agains Jimmy and Jey for the second time on Friday night, but Reigns’ interference abruptly ended the match.
Below is the updated lineup for the upcoming PPV:
- Roman Reigns (c) vs. Rey Mysterio (WWE Universal Championship Match)
- Bobby Lashley (c) vs. Drew McIntyre (WWE Championship Match)
- Bianca Belair (c) vs. Bayley (SmackDown Women’s Championship Match)
- AJ Styles and Omos (c) vs. TBD (Raw Tag Team Championship Match)
- Rhea Ripley (c) vs. Charlotte Flair (Raw Women’s Championship Match)
The WWE Hell In a Cell pay-per-view will take place on June 20 from the WWE ThunderDome at the Yuengling Center in Tampa, Florida.