AJ Styles Possibly Injured At WWE Live Event – AJ Styles may have suffered an injury at tonight’s WWE live event from the Giant Center in Hershey, PA.
In the second match of the night, Styles teamed with Karl Anderson and Mia Yim to face Finn Balor, Damian Priest and Rhea Ripley. The match was stopped when Styles launched himself over the top r ope to the floor, but left awkwardly and came up with an apparent injury.
Fans noted on Twitter how Styles immediately grabbed his left leg and ankle after the spot, then sat at ringside while Anderson and Yim talked to him. The referee threw up the dreaded “X” symbol and officials checked on Styles as the match was stopped.
Styles was then helped to the back by Anderson and a referee, appearing to be in pain. One correspondent in the second row speculated that Styles may have blown his knee out.
WWE has not confirmed any injury as of this writing, and Styles has not publicly commented.
Here are results from the Hershey house show and few related shots:
* RAW Women’s Champion Bianca Belair retained over Becky Lynch in a No Contest due to Bayley attacking them both. Bayley talked some trash on the mic but the babyfaces sent her packing
* AJ Styles, Karl Anderson and Mia Yim vs. Finn Balor, Damian Priest and Rhea Ripley ended when Styles suffered an apparent injury at ringside. Details are here. This was a really good match until the injury, with Yim and Ripley both standing out, slamming their male opponents
* Dexter Lumis and Johnny Gargano defeated The Miz and Baron Corbin. This started as MizTV but that led to Lumis vs. The Miz but Lumis won by DQ and that led to the tag team match
* The Street Profits defeated Alpha Academy
* Bobby Lashley defeated Omos
* WWE United States Champion Austin Theory retained over Seth Rollins in a Steel Cage match. It was really sad to see people leaving during the main event but Rollins and Theory put on a show. Rollins got the last laugh to end the show, then spent time with fans at ringside
— Erik Beaston (@ErikBeaston) December 30, 2022
— JJ – ElSamplerPod (@jjelsamplerpod) December 30, 2022
— RITTZ (@mjrrittz10) December 30, 2022
— Brandon Dietz (@LegendaryDietz) December 30, 2022
— Dan Bean Sports (@DanBeanSports) December 30, 2022
AJ Styles Possibly Injured At WWE Live Event