– A new tournament was announced on tonight’s AEW Dynamite episode.
The tournament will feature eight wrestlers in a single elimination format with the finals taking place at AEW Full Gear on November 7.
The winner of the tournament gets a future AEW World Title Match. Three entrants were announced tonight and they are: Jungle Boy, Rey Fenix, and Kenny Omega.
Kenny Omega revently said he would be focusing on singles competition after being involved in the tag division for most of the past year: “There are things I’m destined to do here. I gave a year of my life to the team, to Hangman, and to tag team wrestling. I think it’s time I go back to singles action and give everyone a piece of what they were hoping to see since day one.”
BREAKING NEWS— All Elite Wrestling (@AEWrestling) October 1, 2020
It’s a huge 8-man tournament, single-elimination, the finals will be at Full Gear where the winner will receive a shot at the #AEW World Championship.
WATCH #AEWDynamite NOW on @TNTDrama. pic.twitter.com/orPFc4N9hv
– More matches were announced for next week’s AEW Dynamite, including FTW Champion Brian Cage defending his title against Will Hobbs. Hobbs and Cage got into a brawl on tonight’s show during the opening match between Darby Allin and Ricky Starks.
Chris Jericho and Jake Hager are also going to be in action against Chaos Project (Luther and Serpentico). The two teams battled a bit at ringside during (and after) Jericho’s match against Isiah Kassidy
Below is the updated lineup for next Wednesday:
* Chris Jericho’s 30 year celebration
* Chris Jericho and Jake Hager vs. Chaos Project (Luther and Serpentico)
* Brian Cage (c) with Taz vs. Will Hobbs (FTW Championship)
* Brodie Lee (c) vs. Cody (Dog Collar Match for the AEW TNT Championship)