Thursday, April 12, 2018

Backstage News On When Brock Lesnar Signed New WWE Contract, If He Went Off-Script At WrestleMania

Backstage News On When Brock Lesnar Signed New WWE Contract, If He Went Off-Script At WrestleMania
As noted, WWE officially announced this past Monday that Brock Lesnar signed a new contract with WWE. According to Dave Meltzer, the agreement for a new deal was made on the Monday before WrestleMania at the go-home episode of RAW and was signed on Sunday before the match. It's a new contract, not an extension of his existing deal, and is at a higher rate. Meltzer noted that it's not known if the new deal is a one-match contract or for more than that.

The agreement was kept quiet and very few people knew about it. Meltzer stated that Roman Reigns found out about it on the day of WrestleMania, and had thought he would be winning the title from Lesnar up until that point. The original ending was supposed to have Reigns coming off the ropes and get put into an F5, however he would counter it into a spear and pin Lesnar to win the match. It was changed to Lesnar hitting the F5 and beating Reigns.

The match went off as planned, and nobody went off-script.

It was reported earlier in the week that the new deal allows for Lesnar to fight in the UFC. Obviously, if it's a one-match contract, then it's a moot point anyway.

Here are exact quotes from Meltzer
“The decision actually made, the agreement was made for Lesnar to stay right on the Monday they did that interview. So on the go-home show where he said if he loses [both Lesnar and Paul Heyman will never be seen again]. So they actually made the deal that day but the contract for him to stay wasn’t signed until Sunday, it was before the match.”

“It was very much tell nobody, Roman Reigns knew. The story that he told was somewhat true in the ring. He did show up that day to the building thinking he was winning the championship. He was then told that they had changed the plan and I don’t even know that he was mad at least — he’ll probably be mad if Strowman ends up with the belt but I don’t know if that’s happening.”
Meltzer also noted that Lesnar has yet to re-enter the USADA testing pool. Lesnar was suspended by the USADA for testing positive for a banned substance, estrogen blocker clomiphene, in an out-of-competition test and in-competition test prior to his fight with Mark Hunt at UFC 200 in 2016. Lesnar was suspended for one year by USADA, however the suspension was frozen after Lesnar announced his retirement from MMA. Lesnar still has six months of his suspension to complete once he re-enters the USADA testing pool, so if Lesnar is serious about returning to the UFC, it's unclear why he has yet to re-enter the pool.




FOLLOW US ON YOUR FAVORITE SOCIAL MEDIA. WE ARE ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER AND G+!
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK FOLLOW US ON TWITTER FIND US ON G+ JOIN OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL RSS FEED

LATEST NEWS