We’re live from San Antonio as Michael Cole welcomes us. He’s joined by Corey Graves and WWE Hall of Famer Booker T.
– We go right to the ring and out comes Braun Strowman to a pop.
Braun wants to tell us all a short story with a happy ending – a machine and a beast met a monster at the Royal Rumble and the last one standing was The Monster Among Men, who became the new WWE Universal Champion. The music hits and out comes RAW General Manager Kurt Angle, who has security with him this week.
Angle says he has a story too but it doesn’t have a happy ending. He says Braun put lives in danger last week and that is unacceptable. Fans give Angle the “what!?” treatment. Angle says Braun also cost them thousands of dollars in equipment damage. Angle says Braun creates an unsafe working environment and he’s responsible for every Superstar plus the backstage employees. Braun tells Angle to do his job because he did his. Angle says Braun didn’t do his job because they settle differences in the ring, not in the backstage area with some grappling hook. Braun says he does what he wants, when he wants and how he wants. If he wants to walk into Suplex City and rip the walls down or if he wants to kick the door to Hell down, that’s what he will do, and if he wants to be Universal Champion at the Royal Rumble, he will.
Angle says Braun is just lucky Kane and Brock are able to compete at the Rumble but it will no longer be a Triple Threat as Braun won’t be competing at all. Angle fires Strowman. Strowman stares at Angle as he walks away and fans chant “you suck” at him. Braun marches up the ramp with Angle’s security following him.
– We go to the announcers and Graves says that was the right decision by Angle. They hype Asuka vs. Nia Jax and Roman Reigns vs. The Miztourage in a Handicap Match for tonight.
– Braun is shown marching backstage, mumbling about getting fired. He stops and stares down the security guards, talking trash as they try to get him to leave the arena. We go to commercial.
– Back from the break and the guards are still following Braun in the back. He snaps and destroys them all, continuing the attacks as they try to crawl away. Braun ends the assault by tossing one guy through a table. Braun says he’s not finished and he’s not leaving until everyone gets these hands.
The Bar vs. Titus Worldwide
We go to the ring and out comes Sheamus and Cesaro. Titus Worldwide is out next – Titus O’Neil and Apollo Crews with Dana Brooke.
Sheamus starts off with Crews and takes him to the corner. Cesaro tags in for a bunch of double team stomps in the corner. Cesaro tags Sheamus back in as The Bar double teams Crews. He counters and dropkicks Cesaro. Crews goes at it with Sheamus now and dropkicks him as well. Titus tags in for a quick double team. Titus drops Sheamus again with a shoulder tackle. Titus keeps control as Cesaro returns to the ring. Titus beats Cesaro around and talks some trash to Sheamus.
Cesaro comes back with chops to Titus in the corner. Titus eventually fights back and scoops Cesaro for a slam. Crews tags back in and slams Cesaro. Crews drops an elbow for a 2 count. Cesaro counters and tags in Sheamus but Crews doesn’t see it. Sheamus decks Crews in the back and goes to the top for a big shot off the ropes. We go to commercial with The Bar in control.
Back from the break and Crews tries to fight off both opponents but Sheamus gets the upperhand. Titus finally gets the hot tag as Cesaro also comes in. Titus unloads and tosses Cesaro across the ring. Titus gets hyped up and calls for a pop. Titus with a running splash in the corner and a big slam for a 2 count as Dana cheers him on.
Cesaro kicks Titus and tags in Sheamus for the double team. Crews gets on the apron and sends Cesaro to the floor. Sheamus and Titus go at it now as Cesaro gets dropped on the floor. Sheamus ends up rolling Titus up for a quick 2 count. Cesaro tags in for the Neutralizer but Crews ends up hitting a big crossbody from the top. Crews with a standing moonsault on Cesaro for a close 2 count as the pin is broken up. The Bar keeps control and Sheamus tags back in. They go for the double team White Noise but the music hits and out comes RAW Tag Team Champion Jason Jordan to the stage. Crews takes advantage of the distraction and rolls Sheamus up for the win.
Winners: Titus Worldwide
– After the match, Jordan looks on from the ramp as partner Seth Rollins comes out to talk to him. Titus Worldwide celebrates as an angry Cesaro and Sheamus look on from the ring.
– We see Braun Strowman knock down Kurt Angle’s office door in the back. Angle isn’t there but Braun destroys the room. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and a man in catering tries to warn everyone before Braun Strowman enters the room and destroys everything.
Cedric Alexander vs. Tony Nese
We go to the ring and out comes WWE Cruiserweight Champion Enzo Amore with Tony Nese. Enzo asks “how ya doin’?” and takes a shot at Curt Hawkins’ losing streak before talking about how he will leave the Royal Rumble with the WWE Cruiserweight Title. Enzo says if Cedric Alexander is going to get to him at the Rumble, he has to go through Tony first. The music hits and out comes Alexander. Goldust’s music hits next and out he comes. Goldust knocks Enzo and says if he were a film, he’d be straight-to-DVD while Cedric is a box office smash, a blockbuster, and when he defeats Enzo at Royal Rumble there will be only one word to describe him… champion. Goldust also has one word for Enzo. Cedric helps him out and does the “SAWFT” line. Cedric’s music hits as Goldust walks with him to the ring. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and we see Braun Strowman destroying more stuff backstage. Cedric and Tony go at it in the ring. Nese takes control and covers for a 2 count as Enzo and Goldust look on from ringside. Cedric fights back but Tony knees him. Nese counters an overhead kick but Cedric keeps the attack going. Cedric with a dropkick and offense in the corner. Cedric springboards up but Nese takes his leg out. Nese kicks Cedric while he’s laying over the top. Nese keeps control and drops Cedric over his knees for a 2 count.
Nese keeps control and turns Cedric upside down in the corner for more offense. Nese with another pin attempt. Nese keeps Cedric grounded as Enzo talks trash. Nese drops a leg and covers for another 2 count. Nese keeps Cedric grounded again while Enzo talks some more trash. Goldust walks over and scares Enzo, then mocks him. Cedric fights back in the ring and rocks Nese. Nese gets dropped by an uppercut after more back & forth. Cedric makes a comeback and drops Nese on his face now. Cedric kips up and gets sent to the apron but springboards in with a flying clothesline for a 2 count.
Nese blocks the Lumbar Check and takes Cedric down into a headlock. Nese fights off a counter and elbows Cedric. More back & forth now. Nese with a big kick and a big knee. They trade holds and Cedric counters a pumphandle slam, nailing the Lumbar Check for the pin.
Winner: Cedric Alexander
After the match, Goldust returns to the ring to celebrate with Cedric. Goldust stares Enzo down.
– Kurt Angle is backstage talking to a referee about Braun Strowman’s destruction. Another referee runs in and says Braun is headed to the production trucks. Angle yells that they’re worth $12 million as they run off to stop Braun. We go to commercial.
– Back from the break and Braun Strowman enters the production truck in the back, threatening to shut the show down. He bullies the workers around and throws papers. Braun yells at everyone to get out of the truck and they scramble. They think he’s gone and they return to their stations but Braun isn’t finished. Braun disengages the tractor from the production trailer. Braun steps out of the truck and tries to turn it over. Kurt Angle walks up and yells at Braun. He walks away. Angle’s phone is ringing. Braun comes back and Angle yells at him as he tips the truck over. Braun yells in Angle’s face and kicks some more things around as he walks off. We see Braun walking through the back as two security guards try to stop him. Braun tells them to get away from him but they keep following him.
Braun enters the arena now as fans pop. Braun stops on the stage and looks over at the announcers. They try to scramble but Braun grabs Michael Cole and drags him over to the side of the stage. Braun looks to toss Cole off the stage but Angle appears with security. Angle says he has called off the police and Stephanie McMahon called to re-hire Braun. He is still in the title match at the Royal Rumble, Angle just wants Braun to let Cole go. Braun drops Cole and yells out. Braun turns back to Cole and tosses him off the stage on top of the group of security. Angle looks on as we go back to commercial.
– Back from the break and Graves is on commentary with Booker T. Tom Phillips is out to replace Cole. Phillips gives us a recap of what has happened with Braun.
Asuka vs. Nia Jax
We go to the ring and out first comes Nia Jax. Asuka is out next.
The bell rings and they face off for a second. Asuka goes to work but Nia overpowers her. Asuka goes for the arm early on but Nia fights her off. Asuka tries to mount some offense again but Nia shoves her off. Asuka jumps and wraps herself around Nia with a submission on the elbow.
The hold is broken but Asuka kicks Nia. Asuka charges and Nia catches her in a backbreaker. Nia tosses Asuka across the ring now. Asuka fights back out of the corner but Nia knocks her out of mid-air with a big blow.
Asuka ends up pulling Nia into an armbar out of nowhere. Nia struggles but starts fading as she goes down. Nia powers up and launches Asuka into the turnbuckles. Nia recovers while Asuka is down. We go to commercial.
We are back and Nia with a bear hug. Asuka goes for a sunset flip but Nia stays on her feet but Nia misses a seated splash. Asuka with a running boot to the head and both women are down. Asuka gets to her feet first and she connects with back fists and a spinning back heel kick. Nia gets Asuka up for a Samoan drop but Asuka counters into a rollup for a near fall. Asuka with kicks but Nia blocks a kick and hits a power bomb but Nia collapses onto the ropes. Nia gets a near fall.
Nia picks up Asuka but Asuka rolls through into a knee bar. Nia tries to get to the ropes and she succeeds. Nia sends Asuka to the floor. Nia sends Asuka into the ring steps. Asuka kicks Nia in the back of the leg and she gets caught in the ring steps and falls to the floor. Nia gets back into the ring before the ten count. Nia struggles to get back to her feet and she collapses to the mat. Nia gets up again and she falls to the mat.
The referee calls for the bell.
Winner: Asuka (by referee stoppage)
After the match, Asuka’s music hits as Nia clutches her knee. Another referee and a trainer runs down to check on Nia as Asuka looks on, still trying to get to her feet. RAW Women’s Champion Alexa Bliss also runs down to check on her friend. We go to replays. Nia is helped to the back.
– Kurt Angle is in his office surveying the damage from Braun Strowman and we see Jason Jordan. Jason tells Kurt thank you for believing in him and for giving him the opportunity to become tag team champion. Jason says he would have been there to help Kurt with Braun Strowman. Jason says they are ready to defend the tag titles at the Royal Rumble. He wants to help his partner and the loss last week has been eating him alive. He says a match would help him. Kurt asks him who should they face. Jason says Seth should have a singles match and it should be against Finn Balor. Kurt is okay with that match.
– Tom Phillips gives an update on Michael Cole. He says that Cole is shaken up after being manhandled by Braun Strowman. Corey says that rehiring Braun Strowman was a mistake by Stephanie McMahon.
– We have the annual Martin Luther King Jr. tribute.
– Back from the break and Alexa Bliss is in the trainer’s room with Nia Jax, annoying her a bit. Enzo Amore walks in and asks how Nia is doing. She asks how his ankle is. Bliss tells Enzo she has this, hoping he will leave the room. Enzo says he also has this. Nia ends up siding with Enzo, telling Bliss he does have this. Bliss walks out.
The Revival vs. Aaron Solow and Ricky Starks
We go to the ring and both teams are waiting in the ring. The enhancement talents do not get their names announced.
Scott Dawson starts off with his opponent and takes control. Dawson unloads and tags in Dash Wilder. Dash stays in and takes out the other opponent with a backbreaker. Dawson tags in for a quick double team. The Revival keeps control and goes on to hit the Shatter Machine for the easy win.
Winners: The Revival
After the match, Dash and Dawson kick one of their opponents out of the ring and stand tall. We go to replays. Charly Caruso interviews them in the ring. Dawson taunts Charly and says we just witnessed a clinic in tag team wrestling, something we’ve been missing for a long time as too many guys are worried about video games and Instagram, but not Dash and himself as they are students of the game. They’re only worried about punishing their opponents, mastering holds and winning matches. Charly asks what Legends they are looking forward to seeing on RAW 25 next week… The New Age Outlaws or maybe WWE Hall of Famer Shawn Michaels or WWE Hall of Famer Steve Austin? Dash says they’re looking forward to old school and there’s nothing old school about crotch chops or beer baths, that’s why the business has become a mockery. They say they’re not sports entertainers, they’re professional wrestlers. They’re not creations of a WWE board room. No one will change who they are and if they try, The Revival won’t let them. Dawson says Legends from around the world will be here next week but this is The Revival’s universe, and only one team will set the tone around here – we’re looking at them. The Revival stands tall as their music hits.
– We see Elias heading to the ring to premiere a new song. Back to commercial.
– We are back and Elias is in the ring and he wants to know who wants to walk with him. Elias says he hopes Michael Cole is okay. He is here for two reasons. First to teach you a lesson and then your lives will be better immediately. The WWE stands for Walk With Elias. The Royal Rumble is on the horizon and there are a lot of superstars involved. Elias says he is concerned about one superstar and he wrote a song about it. His song is about John Cena. The crowd did not appreciate Elias’ comments about the Spurs. Elias says he was paid a significant amount of money for this part of his song and he introduces Miz and the Miztourage.
Miz makes his way to the ring and he is joined by Curtis Axel and Bo Dallas. We go to commercial.
We are back and Miz is on the mic. He says last Monday he returned to Raw after a six week absence. The fans greeted him with welcome back chants. That felt awesome. It was only six weeks, but the WWE Universe knew something was missing from Raw. The spark that ignites Raw was missing. The spark was not John Cena. It was not Brock Lesnar. It was him. Whether Kurt Angle likes him or not, he knows. He was granted his rematch last week and it was awesome. Then they laid Roman Reigns to waste and it felt awesome. It was an unforgettable moment. That is why his wife and he were asked to star in and produce their own show. Miz says he will overdeliver next week and people will be talking for the next 25 years. The title is his. Miz says he made it prestigious and he made it relevant. He will walk into the Barclays Center and reclaim his title and it will feel awesome.
2-on-1 Handicap Match: Curtis Axel and Bo Dallas vs. Roman Reigns
Miz takes the title belt and tries to distract Roman but it fails. Roman with uppercuts to Axel and Dallas. Roman goes after Miz on the floor but Bo comes behind and he gets punched by Roman. Axel comes off the apron and hits Roman from behind. Bo and Curtis send Roman chest first into the ring steps. Axel gets a near fall. Axel gets another near fall. Axel and Dallas kick Reigns in the corner. Bo gets a near fall. Bo with a reverse chin lock.
Bo puts his weight on Roman’s back to keep him on the mat. Reigns gets to his feet and Bo with knees to the head and chest. Bo goes for a suplex but Roman blocks it. Roman tries to suplex Bo over the top rope to the floor but Curtis makes the save. Bo with a kick and DDT for a near fall. Roman keeps Bo from making the tag and Bo and Roman exchange forearms. Axel tags in and he hits Roman from behind.
Roman with a Samoan drop to Axel and both men are down. Roman stops Axel from making the tag and Roman runs Axel into the opposite corner. Axel with a boot but Roman with a forearm to knock Dallas off the apron. Roman with clotheslines followed by a flying clothesline. Roman looks around and he sets for NeverEnding Story. Roman with an elbow and kick to Dallas. Roman sends Axel into Bo and Roman with a boot to Dallas and Bo going down also ends up being a DDT.
Reigns sets for the Superman punch and Miz distracts him. Dallas gets clotheslined over the top rope to the floor and Roman with a Superman punch to Axel. Roman goes to the floor and hits Dallas with a Superman punch off the ring steps. Axel with a rollup for a near fall when Reigns grabs Miz’ jacket and Reigns with a spear on Axel for the three count.
Winner: Roman Reigns
After the match, Reigns stands tall in the ring with the title as his music plays. The Miz, Dallas and Axel retreat up the ramp. We go to replays and come back to Reigns & Miz taunting each other.
Sasha Banks (with Mickie James and Bayley) vs. Sonya Deville (with Mandy Rose and Paige)
We go to the ring and out comes Sasha Banks with Mickie James and Bayley. Absolution is out next – Paige, Mandy Rose and Sonya Deville. Tom confirms that Paige will be unable to participate in the 30-woman Royal Rumble match due to a neck injury.
Sonya with a waist lock and take down. Sasha goes for the Banks Statement but Sonya escapes. Mandy distracts Sasha and Sonya runs Sasha into the turnbuckles. Sonya with an Irish whip and Sasha tries to float over but Sonya with a knee to the midsection. Sonya with more knees for a near fall. Sonya with a body scissors. Sasha backs Sonya into the turnbuckles to get out of the hold. Sasha with forearms and a head scissors take down. Sasha with a drop kick followed by running double knee strikes into the corner. Sasha goes up top but Sonya with a kick to the midsection for the three count.
Winner: Sonya Deville
After the match, Absolution celebrates at ringside as Mickie and Bayley check on Sasha. We go to replays.
– We have a video package of the WWE Superstars at the National Civil Rights Museum last week in Memphis.
– Seth Rollins is in the locker room and Jason Jordan asks if he is ready. Seth says he needs to talk to Jason. He tells Jason not to speak for him. Jason says he can cancel the match. Seth says he has unfinished business with Finn. Seth reminds Jason they are teammates. He has a problem with the way that Jason did it, not that he did it.
– Matt Hardy makes his way to the ring for our next match, but first… We go to commercial.
Matt Hardy vs. Heath Slater (with Rhyno)
The match is joined in progress and Matt with punches and a side head lock. Matt with a splash onto Slater when Heath drops down. Matt with punches to the head. Matt punches Slater in the corner. Slater goes into the ropes and Matt climbs onto the ropes and Slater tries to get away from Matt. Matt with a punch and Slater goes to the floor. Rhyno tells Slater that he’s got this and Heath goes back into the ring.
Slater with kicks to Hardy. Slater with elbows to the arm and then he applies an arm bar. Matt bites the hand but Slater with a punch. Hardy with a punch and German suplex into the turnbuckles. Matt punches Heath in the corner and then he hits a running clothesline followed by a Side Effect for a near fall. Matt sends Slater into the turnbuckles and then he hits a neck breaker. Matt with a kick and Twist of Fate for the three count.
Winner: Matt Hardy
– We have a video package for the first inductee into the WWE Hall of Fame Class of 2018, Bill Goldberg.
– We are back with a look at what happened so far tonight with Braun Strowman.
– The announcers go over the Royal Rumble card.
Finn Balor vs. Seth Rollins
Back from the break and out first comes Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson. Finn Balor is out next as we get a sidebar promo from Balor. Balor says that when he faced Seth Rollins, it was the greatest moment of his life. He will prove tonight that it was no accident. With his good brothers at his side, it will be too sweet.
The Balor Club stands tall in the ring as we go to commercial.
They lock up and Rollins with a side head lock and Rollins holds on when Balor tries to send him off the ropes. Balor with arm drags into an arm bar. Rollins backs Balor into the ropes and Rollins with an arm drag and shoulder tackle followed by a kick. Rollins with a chop and punches followed by kicks in the corner. Rollins with a snap mare into a reverse chin lock. Rollins with a knee to the midsection and he goes for a sunset flip and Balor rolls through and drop kicks Rollins. Rollins is sent to the floor and Balor with a running kick on the apron.
We go to commercial.
We are back and Rollins with forearms in the corner. Rollins with a blockbuster but he holds his knee after landing. Rollins with a running knee to the back to send Balor to the floor. Rollins sets for a suicide dive and he hits it but Rollins holds his knee as he lands on the floor. Rollins with a neck breaker and he gets a near fall. Rollins with a cravate and a knee to the midsection followed by a forearm to the back of the head. Balor with forearms and Rollins with an elbow to the back of the head. Rollins with an elbow to the head and Balor with a boot and running forearms. Balor with a double leg take down and a double stomp.
Balor with a running chop into the corner and then he floats over but he runs into a boot. Balor with an enzuigiri followed by a elbow to the chest. Rollins avoids Slingblade and hits his own for a near fall. Rollins with running forearms into the corner and then when he goes for a third one, Balor with Slingblade. Rollins with a super kick for a near fall. Balor with an elbow and chop followed by forearms. Rollins sets for the V Trigger but Balor with a forearm. Rollins with an enzuigiri and both men are down.
Rolins goes up top for the Phoenix Splash but Balor moves and Rollins lands on his feet. Balor with a running drop kick that sends Rollins into the turnbuckles. Balor goes up top for the Coup de Grace but Rollins recovers and hits a superplex and then rolls through into a Falcon Arrow for a near fall. Rolllins goes up top again and he goes for a frog splash but Balor gets his knees up and Balor gets a near fall on a rollup.
Sheamus and Cesaro’s music plays and they make their way to the ring. They go after Jason Jordan who is blocked by Gallows and Anderson and they miss Jordan and hits Gallows and Anderson. Balor with a plancha onto Cesaro, Sheamus, Anderson, and Gallows. Balor with an enzuigiri and he goes up top for the Coup De Grace but he misses. Balor with a forearm to Cesaro. Jordan trips Balor and Rollins with Black Out for the three count.
Winner: Seth Rollins
After the match, Jordan hits the ring to celebrate with a surprised Rollins. They leave the ring and hit the ramp as we go to replays. Graves shows us how the referee may have botched his call. We get another replay as the RAW Tag Team Champions stand tall on the stage. Gallows and Anderson check on Balor in the ring. Balor is helped up as Rollins’ music stops. Fans pop for The Balor Club as Balor tries to regain his composure. A dazed Balor takes a few minutes and acts shaken up as RAW goes off the air.
LATEST NEWS var numposts = 5;var showpostthumbnails = true;var displaymore = false;var displayseparator = true;var showcommentnum = false;var showpostdate = false;var showpostsummary = true;var numchars = 100;