– The dark match before tonight’s NXT TV tapings from Full Sail University saw Montez Ford and Angelo Dawkins defeat Riddick Moss and Tino Sabbatelli. Ford and Dawkins are working a “party boys” gimmick and the crowd is way into it. Our correspondent Will Henderson noted that all four talents are definitely improving as this was a decent match. Dawkins ran wild after a hot tag and the finish saw Ford hit a DDT on Moss while Moss was draped over Dawkins’ shoulder.
– The April 12th NXT episode is set to be a major episode as the main event will feature the NXT in-ring return of Drew McIntyre (Drew Galloway). Galloway worked tonight’s tapings at Full Sail University and faced Oney Lorcan. McIntyre is using a new theme song with bagpipes for his entrance.
Video of @GallowaySpeaks's @WWENXT Return #NXT pic.twitter.com/2mPDuMThC4
— Main Event Radio (@maineventradio) April 5, 2017
– The April 12th episode will also see Aleister Black and Dylan Miley make their Wednesday night TV debuts. Black made his Takeover debut in Orlando this past Saturday night with a win over Andrade “Cien” Almas. He will team with Corey Hollis to face Tommaso Ciampa and Johnny Gargano on next week’s show. The 6 foot 3 inch, 285 pound Miley is known for his large hands. He signed in late 2013 and has worked less than a dozen live event matches since then. The April 12th episode will see Miley team with an unknown wrestler to face Johnny Gargano and Tommaso Ciampa. It was reported a while back that WWE officials saw a lot of potential in the former bodybuilder.
– The former Kimber Lee is also set to make her TV debut on the April 12th episode. She wrestled Ruby Riot at tonight’s TV tapings and was announced by her real name, Kimberly Frankele.
– NXT debuted a new theme song and intro video at tonight’s tapings. They should be used to kick off the April 12th episode. As seen below, there are also new NXT graphics on display inside Full Sail University for tonight’s TV tapings.