The feeling in Kidd's head was expected to come back after surgery but as he noted on Twitter, it still hasn't. While Kidd hasn't talked publicly about the injury or his in-ring future, Bruce Hart has said that Kidd will never be able to wrestle again and that's been the general feeling among others. The Wrestling Observer Newsletter notes that the entire situation backstage that night was far worse than has ever come out and that people backstage were "scared to death" over what happened.
There were rumors back in the summer that Kidd's contract was expected to expire but there was talk that WWE doctors may never medically clear Kidd to compete again. It was also rumored that people close to Kidd expected him to speak out about the situation as soon as he was able to. MLW Radio then reported last month that there was no truth to the rumors on Kidd's contract expiring because WWE renewed it earlier this year. With that said, one source close to Kidd still believes we will be hearing more from him soon in regards to his injury and future.
For those who missed it, here is his tweet from earlier this week:
I can't feel my head or move my head the way I used to, but EVERY day I'm focused on my recovery pic.twitter.com/kmHVw0Gry3— TJ Wilson (@KiddWWE) October 4, 2016